Anyone giving pediasure for bb not growing well?

My baby is now 16months and is the same weight since she is 7 months!

Anyone giving pediasure for underweight bb? Can share whether cause constipation, or is heaty?

Any better result after using Pediasure?

appreciate yr response.

Laynee

I had to give my 3 1/2 year old son Pediasure when he got stomach flu a few months ago (recommended by his PD). He loves it!

Even tho he's fully recovered now, we're still giving him Pediasure mixed with his usual Promise Gold (Wyeth). He's always been on the thin side & now, he's filled up nicely :we2cute:

The nurse at Abbott advised not to give Pediasure alone for too long to avoid obeseness in kids as it contains a lot of fat + nutrients. Its ok to give it mixed tho.

My boy didn't suffer from constipation at all. In fact, he loves Pediasure so much that he used to ask for an extra feed of milk!

ocee

Gave pediasure also to our girl when she lost weight and appetite post tummy prob (diarrhea). But was advised not to give it for too long lest she gets used to it and it wont be as effective. So got it on stock in case she gets very very sick only and lose loooots of weight. We dont use it for usual cases. So far the strategy has worked. After she gets her appetite back, we switch back to her Promise Gold then.

snowbear

My baby is now 16months and is the same weight since she is 7 months!

Anyone giving pediasure for underweight baby? Can share whether cause constipation, or is heaty?

Any better result after using Pediasure?

appreciate your response.
Hi, what's your bb's wt now? My dd's 13months and weighs 7.57kg. Doc suggested supplementing 1 formula feed (not necessarily Pediasure) in place of breastmilk (i'm still exclusively bfding) coz he says it's better to bring up the wt (she's currently at the 10th percentile). Did you decide to give Pediasure becoz of doc's advice or coz your child is also considered light for her age? I'm quite reluctant to give fm so will be calling up the lactation consultant at KKH tmr...

Gave pediasure on advise of speech therapist and also KK nutritionist who said there are 3 high-caloric formulas that have almost 2x the calories of normal fms. - Pediasure, Progress, and Nutren Junior.

Vera has indeed put on weight on Pediasure...but she's solely on Pediasure which may not be advisable. Tried switching to Friso and she got major constipation. So scared switched back to Pediasure. (it gives nice smooth poo). Now dunno what to do...cos don't think should be on Pediasure for too long may become too fatty and lazy!

Hi, my boy was quite small size b4 I switch him to Pediasure.. When he turn 1 year old, I gave him Pediasure bec he refuses any solid food (PD's recommendation)... For 9months, he only drank Pediasure and very little solids.. Thank God for Pediasure, he is now normal weight compare to when he was on other formula.. (He didn't turn Fat!) Few weeks ago, he finally start eating solids again and we reduced Pediasure... So far so good... :)

Last edited:

annedrew

Hi,

Previously my gal was in the 10th percentile too. She was drinking Mamil gold at that time. I gave her nutren Junior as think Pediasure too sweet. Now her weight is good. I was thinking of switching nutren Junior but do not know whcich shld I choose? Any recommendations? Or wat ya thinkof Dumex all in 1 (the vegetable pix one)?

Thanks!

redjn

Not sure if u would like to give a try on Goat's Milk most recommand brand by PD is KARIHOME. some of my friend kids also quite skinny after taking this they seem to put on a bit of weight.

chrisgal

i heard prediasure give lots of teeth problem if u feed them for long... as it's too swt.... i only give it to my son when he is super sick with no appetite. dentists told us it might casue decay if u take in too muh of pediasure..