Anyone going to DIY your own confinement?

Gave birth to bb on wed, he was 3 weeks early. am doing confinement now, no confinement lady for me, me ordered confinement catering for 28 days (lunch and dinner), mother in law bought herbs for red dates and longan drinks, mother come over my plc to bathe baby and brew tonic soups for me during this period, leave around noon time. Hubby also help out in brewing the red dates longan drinks and the herbal bathe water for me.. so far coping fine w/o confinement lady.. :)
Mummydeedee,

I am doing whatever you are doing :)
Which caterer are you using now?
I should be using natal essential... yet to make deposit... cos still looking around :)
3 more weeks to my edd :)

Angeldust

Initially supposed to do confinement at in-laws' place but have shifted back home because of lack of privacy and not used to the bed there.
Currently, I'm ordering confinement food catering.
I have those herbs but I only use them to bathe when hubby is around. If he isn't around then I shower in warm water.
I'm not much of a believer of these confinement rules so I just do the bare minimum to appease hubby and in laws.

I am not a believer of confinement too
i DIY my own confinement or rather on my own for my confinement
my husband took 3 weeks leave to help with me the house work and stuff...
Got my confinement food from natal essential! Love it but its kinda expensive i feel.
CL is so expensive... at least 3k thats excluding food, angpow etc etc
3k i can hire a maid for 6 mths leh! (excluding levy etc etc) lol
And if mommies is on total breastfeeding i think really waste of money to get CL cos you need to nurse and latch on every 2-3 hrs. You wouldnt get to rest too...
I bath using the lemongrass confinement shower foam... bath twice a day. (I bought the herb pack too but too lazy to boil it haha) I think cleanliness is very important... my sweat gave my girl rashes on the neck.. even though i bath twice a day and keep myself clean. So can you imagine not bathing for 1 whole mth?
i drink cold water and consume all those no no and i didnt die!!! haha
to me confinement make no sense... its jus tradition that we chinese follow.
look at the ang moh... they dont do confinement as well.. they are also healthy and live a long age ...
so i really think confinement is crap! *no offense to those who strongly believe in confinement
my daughter is 2 mths old... and i am on my own from then on.. still surviving.. though sometimes is quite tiring :)

i took tonic like bird nest, chicken essence, dom on top of my confinement food but i feel no diff.

butter2012

I did DIY confinement for my first two pregnancies. I am thinking of hiring one more helper (a total of 2) for the baby.
The cost is equivalent to hiring a confinement lady. Longan, red dates, even the bathing herbs from medicinal hall, I think
I will buy in Feb after CNY. MY EDD : March 2012. Ginger (I will buy at least 2 kg) and pork (bah tao) I will buy the week before
I EDD.
I think my fridge will be full.
My first confinement, my mom popped by to pass me the confinement food almost daily. We cooked the red date tea ourselves.
Her confinement food is lots of ginger with sliced pork, some rice and red wine chicken.
My second confinement, I taught my helper and we DIY. Am going to look out for more confinement dishes and try them out (to finetune them) before baby comes.

butter2012

Hi I also think CL very expensive.....that's why thought of getting a second helper to help with the baby.

I am not a believer of confinement too
i DIY my own confinement or rather on my own for my confinement
my husband took 3 weeks leave to help with me the house work and stuff...
Got my confinement food from natal essential! Love it but its kinda expensive i feel.
CL is so expensive... at least 3k thats excluding food, angpow etc etc
3k i can hire a maid for 6 mths leh! (excluding levy etc etc) lol
And if mommies is on total breastfeeding i think really waste of money to get CL cos you need to nurse and latch on every 2-3 hrs. You wouldnt get to rest too...
I bath using the lemongrass confinement shower foam... bath twice a day. (I bought the herb pack too but too lazy to boil it haha) I think cleanliness is very important... my sweat gave my girl rashes on the neck.. even though i bath twice a day and keep myself clean. So can you imagine not bathing for 1 whole mth?
i drink cold water and consume all those no no and i didnt die!!! haha
to me confinement make no sense... its jus tradition that we chinese follow.
look at the ang moh... they dont do confinement as well.. they are also healthy and live a long age ...
so i really think confinement is crap! *no offense to those who strongly believe in confinement
my daughter is 2 mths old... and i am on my own from then on.. still surviving.. though sometimes is quite tiring :)

i took tonic like bird nest, chicken essence, dom on top of my confinement food but i feel no diff.