anyone had fibroids on their womb while pregnant?

lizasaifi

Hi mummies

I'm 33 yrs old and expecting my first child. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and have a fibroid problem in my womb. Only found out about it when I had gone for the Oscar scan when I was 12 weeks pregnant. My gynae told me that I have 2 fibroids. Yesterday when I went for the FA scan my gynae told me that one of the fibroids might give problems later. But right now I don't have to worry so much about it.
However me being a worry wart sometimes want to know more about this fibroid during pregnancy. Also gynae told me that the blood flow in the placenta to my baby has some resistance. Since I'm taking aspirin for high blood pressure she said that will help. Has anyone had any experience like this before?
TIA!

pixie

I have multiple fibroids (few in my womb and some near my spine) and was intended to go for open-hole surgery and it was then I was diagnosed pregnant at 8 weeks. My gynae forewarned me of the risk but it is not life-threatening so it was okay to continue with the pregnancy.

Most of the fibroids are between 2-3cm. During my pregnany, some merged together and as a result, there are 2 extremely large fibroids (8cm and 11cm)in my womb and my tummy looks exceptionally big. I was not given any special medication but was closely monitored by my gynae each time I went back for scans/checkups. Was told I might have a premature baby or even a c-section if the fibroids have grown and obstruct the growth of the baby.

I am blessed that throughout my pregnancy, I did not have gestational diabetes (I am an anaemic with blood pressure reading usually 100/80 or 105/90 of the times), I work until 1 day before I admitted myself to the hospital to deliver my baby. In fact, my baby is overdue by 4 days from EDD.

Now, my baby is +13 months old, she is not chubby but growing up healthily and eating well.

In my last fibroids scan in February, my gynae told me that the sizes of these fibroids have became smaller and some have disappeared. If there is no pain, I could have just leave them there w/o having to go through an operation to get rid of them.

You must have some faith/trust in your gynae. If you have doubts, either clarifiy and get to know more from him/her or switch to another gynae whom you can trust and feel comfortable with to discuss about your problems.

Stay happy, dont't think about the fibroids, I believe both you and your baby will be good.

P/S: 33 years old is not to old. I am a few years older than you when I conceived ;-)

Last edited:

lizasaifi

Hi pixie. Thanks for replying and sharing your experience. After reading your reply I feel better and my worries lessen quite a lot. At the first scan my gynae told me that the fibroids are about 3cm each. She didn't tell me the size at my last scan though. I do have faith in her and trust her as she explains well whenever my hubby or me ask her a question no matter how silly it can be. :)
At the moment my tummy is not so obvious yet. Just kind of wide and round. Most people might not even know that I'm pregnant. I'm in the plus size therefore not so obvious. Hahaha I'll be going for the glucose test this coming 22nd. Hopefully i do not have any gestational diabetes.
Once again thank you so much for sharing your experience pixie. Appreciate it. My hubby told me not to worry so much as other people also had the same problems and are doing well with their babies. :D so now just gonna concentrate on being healthy, eat healthily and start shopping for baby soon. Hehehe