Anyone has experience using nappies instead of diapers?

snowbear

Hi everyone,
I'm intending to use cloth nappies for my bb but I'm not sure how many nappies to buy and where to get good nappy wraps (to hold the nappy in place, esp when we need to go out).

Also, I read on the Internet that it is ok to leave the dirtied nappies alone (put them in a pail and cover the pail) and wash them only every 2-3 days using the washing machine as this will make things easier. Has anyone tried this method? Or is it really a must to wash the nappies every day? I mean of coz i know it's better to wash nappies every day but I really hope not to do that coz that would be really tiring...

myangela

Hi everyone,
I'm intending to use cloth nappies for my bb but I'm not sure how many nappies to buy and where to get good nappy wraps (to hold the nappy in place, esp when we need to go out).

Also, I read on the Internet that it is ok to leave the dirtied nappies alone (put them in a pail and cover the pail) and wash them only every 2-3 days using the washing machine as this will make things easier. Has anyone tried this method? Or is it really a must to wash the nappies every day? I mean of coz i know it's better to wash nappies every day but I really hope not to do that coz that would be really tiring...
Hi snowbear

I bought about 3-4 dozen cloth nappies. I wash the nappies everyday to avoid unwanted virus or germs (I personally think it better n more hygiene). I only use the cloth nappies when at home going out will use diapers. I secured the nappies by big safety pins though sometimes used nappy wraps (because it will get wet unless u want to get more than 2 nappy wraps). I prefer using safety pins or jus wrap bb up like bb is wearing a sarong so it airy for bb buttocks to avoid rashes n easy cleaning. Can buy nappy liners to line the cloth nappies to help washing easier when it's soiled. Can wash a few times if wee-wee if poo-poo then throw away though the package says to throw away after each use. Though it's tiring but it's worth it bb don't have rashes on buttocks n private parts.

:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

xue

my MIL bought a few dozen too..
but i dun tink nid so many..
coz many of the nappy were left unused..
n i dun use safety pins..
coz i worry my maid wil accidentally poke him..
i use the nappy wrap...
so when the baby pee, it wun wet his bed as well..
n i use nappy liner..
it helps to keep ur baby buttock more dry..
although it wil stil be a little wet...
as i haf a maid,
she wash it everyday..
but when i was stayin at my MIL durin confinement,
she wil soak it in the pail...
but wash whenever she is free..

snowbear

Hi snowbear

I secured the nappies by big safety pins though sometimes used nappy wraps (because it will get wet unless u want to get more than 2 nappy wraps). I prefer using safety pins or jus wrap bb up like bb is wearing a sarong so it airy for bb buttocks to avoid rashes n easy cleaning. ]

Hi myangela,
If you didn't use nappy wraps when bb is sleeping in the cot, how do you prevent soiling the cot? Did your bb sleep on the changing mat all the time?

snowbear

Hi Porukadotzu,

I saw these pins at Kiddy Palace. Can't rem how much they cost but when my hubby saw them he had doubts whether those could really hold the nappy in place. Are they really good (and worth the $$$)? :)

MummyGrace

Hi snowbear, I bought bumwear for my son to use. Once ur baby urine on the diaper, it will go through the insert and after 1-2 mins the part where baby urine, it will dry up and this prevent nappy rash too. I did an experiment on it. hehe. The bumwear is using clip to secure the diaper, safety to use. And the bum wear can use frm newborn to almost 2 years old, coz u can fold 2 make it smaller and use the clip furthest away to extend it. I even bring him to nearby area or market with it due to the pretty batik.

Bumwear® Cloth Diapers - Singapore
Bumwear® Pocket Diapers

snowbear

Hi MummyGrace,

I saw the bumwear diapers online but I think they are too expensive leh... They look really nice though.

Which one did you buy exactly? They have so many types of cloth diapers. Confused which one to use.

How many did you buy? Difficult to wash?

My hubby was considering buying like only 2 from bumwear coz of the price and rely on normal nappies on other days.

Last edited:

dogbaby_25

Give me a 5 .. am using bumwear as well ... yap its costly but u can save $$ on diapers ... my princess (3mths old) uses bumwear the whole day except when gng to bed she uses diapers ...

I bought it during the baby fair .. i think 4 bumwears + 12 inserts is abt $160+ but its worth buying ... fr what i know its gd for babies skin .. no rashes ... the inserts can last for at least 2-3 hrs before u change a new one ... :)

june83

hi dogbaby, i got 7 bumwear + 12 or 13 insert you interested?? If interested i can give you for a small token.

raeka

MAy i know where shall i buy the cloth nappies?
I'm very new hope to have more information . thank. =)

myangela

Hi snowbear

I secured the nappies by big safety pins though sometimes used nappy wraps (because it will get wet unless u want to get more than 2 nappy wraps). I prefer using safety pins or jus wrap bb up like bb is wearing a sarong so it airy for bb buttocks to avoid rashes n easy cleaning. ]

Hi myangela,
If you didn't use nappy wraps when bb is sleeping in the cot, how do you prevent soiling the cot? Did your bb sleep on the changing mat all the time?

Hi snowbear

I place the changing mat at bb wraist down so she don't feel hot while laying down.

myangela

Hi raeka

U can get te cloth nappies at those stores which sells towels fm market or bus interchange centres where there's shops... This places r much cheaper if cannot get them then can try out shopping centres bb dept, kiddy palaces etc...

pokemon97

i used cloth diapers for my 1st child, i bought 2 dozen. i washed it everyday cos can't stand the smell if leave it for too long.

Porukadotzu

Hi Porukadotzu,

I saw these pins at Kiddy Palace. Can't rem how much they cost but when my hubby saw them he had doubts whether those could really hold the nappy in place. Are they really good (and worth the $$$)? :)
Hi Snowbear,

i havent got a chance to try out too coz my bb haven't arrive yet haha..

but i saw on you tube how to put on this fastener quite easy to use and not sharp as bb pins.. so I thought buy lah..

for mummies using bumwear, wondering if there's a method to putting them on coz when i put them on my 4mth old, his bum can't be covered properly, keeps showing his butt crack