anyone hv bad experience with home tutor?

llcyahoo

Hi, anyone? Friend found out that his tutor actually just leave his DD doing homework AGAIN during lesson while the tutor busy doing personally stuff.

JossCruz

Oh my god!!! I have seen one playing with her phone before!!! Crazy how they can do that!!!!! Eat tibits! Treat kids to eat tibits so they will like her!! Oh my god!! Lucky I have a good tutor if not I will have extra problem to handle!

VanessT

Everyone surely come across one or two. Word of mouth is still better...I remembered my first tutor..constantly late after 1 week, hp kept tinkling non stop...i stopped after 3 weeks.

JossCruz

Well, I think it gives a cautious guard for all of us. I didn't get one for my children until I found a really reliable one. Thank God she is passionate and dedicated and helped me with their life development like empowerment. Very pleased, don't have to go around hunting with fear anymore! Tuition centers are good too like British Council ? They have a good environment to learn from one and other so they become more outspoken. Either way, good luck to everyone.

roselimf

There are always black sheep. For me, I give the tutor at most 2 lessons to prove himself/herself. If they cannot demonstrate that they are effective or can build rapport with my children, I'll just terminate and find another one. Better to keep trying, than to waste your child's time and your money on someone who cannot help your children, right?

MummyMonica

Totally agree.... best is to find tutors from only those tuition agency which are registered... noticed there have been a lot of unregistered ones... how to tell? Those agencies which are registered normally will have their company registration number at the bottom of the website. Better be safe than to engage from those fly by night ones...

Jewelshaper

My sis and I have too many encounters with such cases. Decided to sign our kids with tuition centres after reading up recommendation from this forum. Now kids are happy learning and we as parents are happy knowing that the kids are in good hands.

lisakevin24

I remember the time back in February when my child was noticeably dropping her grades in mathematics; her teachers had complaints about her poor performance in the particular subject. I was quite worried and seemed helpless about it, since I wasn’t good in mathematics either and due to my tough job I couldn’t give her optimal time myself. However a friend of mine suggested me Fruition Learning Hub, she was impressed with the teaching staff at the centre and told me of their well reputed image in Singapore. After initial consultation I decided to pay a visit just to be sure about it and yes! I was impressed; the overall environment was wonderful and faculty was amazing all in all “Perfect”
After I got my child enrolled not only I noticed a remarkable change in her mathematics performance but I realized that she started taking keen interest in the subject. Although the subject has no concern with the behavior of students, I must appreciate the management who realized the fact of providing such mannered environment for the grooming of children. I am very happy with my decision; my daughter’s teachers seem to be very satisfied with her performance now, as she has improved a lot. I am thankful to Angie for giving my daughter personal attention and I also recommend all the mothers living here in Singapore to make their child's basics very strong in mathematics by getting them registered with Fruition Learning Hub.I remember the time back in February when my child was noticeably dropping her grades in mathematics; her teachers had complaints about her poor performance in the particular subject. I was quite worried and seemed helpless about it, since I wasn’t good in mathematics either and due to my tough job I couldn’t give her optimal time myself. However a friend of mine suggested me Fruition Learning Hub, she was impressed with the teaching staff at the centre and told me of their well reputed image in Singapore. After initial consultation I decided to pay a visit just to be sure about it and yes! I was impressed; the overall environment was wonderful and faculty was amazing all in all “Perfect”
After I got my child enrolled not only I noticed a remarkable change in her mathematics performance but I realized that she started taking keen interest in the subject. Although the subject has no concern with the behavior of students, I must appreciate the management who realized the fact of providing such mannered environment for the grooming of children. I am very happy with my decision; my daughter’s teachers seem to be very satisfied with her performance now, as she has improved a lot. I am thankful to Angie for giving my daughter personal attention and I also recommend all the mothers living here in Singapore to make their child's basics very strong in mathematics by getting them registered with Fruition Learning Hub.

kitty

I remember the time back in February when my child was noticeably dropping her grades in mathematics; her teachers had complaints about her poor performance in the particular subject. I was quite worried and seemed helpless about it, since I wasn’t good in mathematics either and due to my tough job I couldn’t give her optimal time myself. However a friend of mine suggested me Fruition Learning Hub, she was impressed with the teaching staff at the centre and told me of their well reputed image in Singapore. After initial consultation I decided to pay a visit just to be sure about it and yes! I was impressed; the overall environment was wonderful and faculty was amazing all in all “Perfect”
After I got my child enrolled not only I noticed a remarkable change in her mathematics performance but I realized that she started taking keen interest in the subject. Although the subject has no concern with the behavior of students, I must appreciate the management who realized the fact of providing such mannered environment for the grooming of children. I am very happy with my decision; my daughter’s teachers seem to be very satisfied with her performance now, as she has improved a lot. I am thankful to Angie for giving my daughter personal attention and I also recommend all the mothers living here in Singapore to make their child's basics very strong in mathematics by getting them registered with Fruition Learning Hub.I remember the time back in February when my child was noticeably dropping her grades in mathematics; her teachers had complaints about her poor performance in the particular subject. I was quite worried and seemed helpless about it, since I wasn’t good in mathematics either and due to my tough job I couldn’t give her optimal time myself. However a friend of mine suggested me Fruition Learning Hub, she was impressed with the teaching staff at the centre and told me of their well reputed image in Singapore. After initial consultation I decided to pay a visit just to be sure about it and yes! I was impressed; the overall environment was wonderful and faculty was amazing all in all “Perfect”
After I got my child enrolled not only I noticed a remarkable change in her mathematics performance but I realized that she started taking keen interest in the subject. Although the subject has no concern with the behavior of students, I must appreciate the management who realized the fact of providing such mannered environment for the grooming of children. I am very happy with my decision; my daughter’s teachers seem to be very satisfied with her performance now, as she has improved a lot. I am thankful to Angie for giving my daughter personal attention and I also recommend all the mothers living here in Singapore to make their child's basics very strong in mathematics by getting them registered with Fruition Learning Hub.
May i know how old is your kid?How's her teaching style?Is this place in AMK?

Thanks for sharing

lisakevin24

Yes, the centre is at AMK. My child is in Primary 5 this year. She is still with Fruition Learning Hub. In fact, my four children are with Teacher Angie now. My twins are in Secondary 3 this year and my youngest son is in Primary 3 this year. Fruition do not teach Primary 3 but we tried to persuade her to open a class because my son is very weak with his Maths. In the end, she decided to open a class because 2 other parents also requested that. Their elder kids are with Fruition too. I am not very sure on how she teach in class but my kids love her. But they definitely teach according to school syllabus. But they do mention that she is rather fierce when they never do her homework etc. Other than that, if they do her work, everything else is good. Haa. Guess a strict teacher is better afterall. Overall, Teacher Angie is very passionate about the subject and we are very happy we found her. =)

Hi, I am Jeslyn and currently provides tutoring and cognitive training programs for children with rates that are definitely cheaper and more affordable. What differentiate me from others is that my tuition classes include cognitive activities. I also provide full intensive and structured cognitive training. Do visit https://www.facebook.com/brainmindsters to find out more =)