anyone order tingkat dinner delivery?

rainypink

i ordered mom's cooking.
quite good and tasty. portion is ok too.

only :001_302: thing is when get to me usually abit cold. i dont like to reheat my food.

CDL

I've tried tingkat twice. There are pros and cons to getting tingkat food.

Pros -
1. Convenience-Food provided at home, so no need to rush and buy and carry food back home;
2. Some food comes in disposal containers, so no need to wash up. Some however come in metal tiffin containers so must wash and dry;
3. Some do not have MSG in the food, so healthier than buying food from outside. Most however will add MSG despite their claims of giving you MSG-free food;
4.You know before-hand what food you will be getting for the day. However be prepared for there to be changes without notice;

Cons -
1. One of the dishes would usually be some fishballs, sausages, luncheon meat,ie some canned or frozen dish that you would probably not even buy yourself from the zi char stall;
2. You may have certain dishes repeated too often - when they deviate from the set menu. In my case it was soya sauce chicken;
3. I found that when they cooked certain soups on consequtive days, the soups tasted teh same though they were supposed to be differenct. Similarly with curry, the chicken and fish versions tasted exactly the same;
4. Vegetables are often overdone by the time you return home and heat up the food. I guess this can;t be avoided;
5. Cost - for the same price or even slightly less, you could buy food from the zi char stall where you would have more variety anyway;
6. If you wanted a break, you would have to inform them in advance so food is not delivered for that day,ie, no 11th hour plans to dine elsewhere unless you are prepared for the food to go to waste;
7. At times some dishes tend to go bad if they are not eaten early enough,eg dishes with coconut or we suspected that some of them could have been left over from the previous day. There has been talk that some of these tingkat companies work on the basis of a "central kitchen'ie, food is cooked in a particular location and then provided/transported to the various tingkat companies for them to separate them into individual portions and then delivered to their customers. There is a higher risk that food may go bad by the time it is eaten;

coco^v^

i ordered mom's cooking.
quite good and tasty. portion is ok too.

only :001_302: thing is when get to me usually abit cold. i dont like to reheat my food.
But don't you find their pricing a bit steep compared to many others out there?

rainypink

did u try their trial dinner? how much is it?
I did tried their lunch trial. forgot liao. abt $250 for 10 days.
portion is huge and food delivered quite hot for lunch.

when I ordered for dinner few weeks later, however, it isnt delivered hot. disappointment though. but it cant be help but its not really close to very warm just warm. For you people, should be ok if you dnt mind heating up but i do.

I ordered because they claim no MSG, and use canola oil to cook.
If they dont, then they are so evil lor, business cannot liddat do one ma

so far, the food is nice but then the portion certainly not a much as the trial despite that i ordered for 2 person. at first cuz i tried the trial, its huge, so i ordered for one person dinner, then changed to 2 person. but almost the same, add abit only and this time it cost me $379 bucks for 20 days.

so i think it does cost quite a bit. I dont mind if they are really using canola oil and really is MSG free. the containers also environmental friendly.
the customer service(lady) who answers the calls is very nice and polite.

Brylina

My mum had bad experience with Kelvin from Mom's Cooking. I read that he is the boss.
She ordered for Tingkat from this Kelvin, he said payment can be by Cheque or Internet Banking. Then my mum asked for the bank details, he MIA-ed. As it was close to the Tingkat start date already, my mum enquired what happen, is the order confirm or not and what is the bank account details, why is their service like that when she's ordering a Trial Promo. Below is his reply.

" Firstly, we are mom’s cooking pte ltd Not Mom’s Kitchen. Secondly I did not receive your email. Lastly, you are free to share whatever experience you had.

Thanks U

Kelvin"

Such company should be boycotted and close down, let the good and sincere ones survive!