Anyone pregnant with 2nd child soon after 1st child is born? Pls share ur experience

AngieTan

Hi all,

As above...

My menses is late and having crampy feelings but no sign of blood... My son is only coming 7 months old... I am worried... :eek:11:

lyra

Re: Anyone pregnant with 2nd child soon after 1st child is born? Pls share ur experie

There was a forumer who said she aborted her 2nd bb at 25days preg when her 1st is 9mth n she thot its too soon for another child. Its appalling! Dun ever do tt. No one can say for sure when bb will come to u. There were mothers who decided to hold on 2nd bb until 3 yrs later n then realised no matter how they try, they cannot get preg. So if u do get preg, relax, dun worry too much!

Carisella

Re: Anyone pregnant with 2nd child soon after 1st child is born? Pls share ur experie

Hi all,

As above...

My menses is late and having crampy feelings but no sign of blood... My son is only coming 7 months old... I am worried... :eek:11:
Buy test kit try?

AngieTan

There was a forumer who said she aborted her 2nd bb at 25days preg when her 1st is 9mth n she thot its too soon for another child. Its appalling! Dun ever do tt. No one can say for sure when bb will come to u. There were mothers who decided to hold on 2nd bb until 3 yrs later n then realised no matter how they try, they cannot get preg. So if u do get preg, relax, dun worry too much!
Yeah... I understand and for sure I won't abort but financially it's really quite tough and I am more worried that I do not have enough time for my first born and he is only so young! It's like it's really unfair to him that mummy's attention will be given to another sibling at such a young age... That's why I feel so bad about it...

Also, I am worried I can't take care of him as well if I am preggy... Like I can't carry him that much anymore, etc... Sigh... =(

sherz4628

Me...

I just found out via home kit that I'm preggy with 2nd one.. my 1st only 10 mths old.. I feel like fainting..

Dunno what my MIL (who's having hard time taking care of 1st one) will think, what my boss (jus went back to work 7 mths ago) will think, what my parents (still staying with them coz no luck with balloting so far) will think...

Financial wise, time wise, help wise..all so tight.. I know shld b happy but I dun feel happy..

And you're right.. my 1st one so small, have not fully enjoyed our attention and another coming..

I'm so confused now...

I agree with Lyra. Alot ppl try really hard after 2 yrs but can't get bb.

I just realized Im preg again last month . My boy is only 6 months now n he's a handful! So meaning I conceive again just 4 months after #1. I cried when I saw the positive sign hahaa! Was thinking if should keep but harboured that thought for only a few mins. Hubby was really happy though he is d only one working n needs to support us n his mum.Actually u have bottles n cot n all stuff from #1, so no need spend much in d beginning. Only d visits to gynae ex loh..

Trust me, evythg will turn out fine. Think on d bright side, ur 2 kids can share their textbooks nex time hahaa n will have playmates earlier!only tahan for few couple of yrs.

Now my only headache is duno wanna get nanny or wat. I'm a person who can't let others take care of bb. 不放心。

And also, I still keep carrying n playing w my boy now wanna hug him as long as possible b4 tummy gets bigger. So on his 1st bday, my tummy will be real big n due d following mth!u can still give #1 lotsa love!

Omg I juz read this thread too http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/25-days-pregnant-son-9mth-62188/

All these r not reasons to take an innocent life. I'm worse than her. I've no one to takecare of bb at all. Not even #1!

AngieTan

Me...

I just found out via home kit that I'm preggy with 2nd one.. my 1st only 10 mths old.. I feel like fainting..

Dunno what my MIL (who's having hard time taking care of 1st one) will think, what my boss (jus went back to work 7 mths ago) will think, what my parents (still staying with them coz no luck with balloting so far) will think...

Financial wise, time wise, help wise..all so tight.. I know shld b happy but I dun feel happy..

And you're right.. my 1st one so small, have not fully enjoyed our attention and another coming..

I'm so confused now...
I can understand how you feel and ya, I just feel that it's really not fair for our first born... I have to share my time, split my love and I wanna take care of him myself... But if I really do have a 2nd one on the way, means someone will have to take care of him for me and I don't want that... =(

I mean, I haven't even have time to dote on him yet and already there is another one waiting for me to dote on... That's the worry I have but no matter what, I believe that if it really happens, it is still a blessing and gift... =)

AngieTan

I agree with Lyra. Alot ppl try really hard after 2 yrs but can't get bb.

I just realized Im preg again last month . My boy is only 6 months now n he's a handful! So meaning I conceive again just 4 months after #1. I cried when I saw the positive sign hahaa! Was thinking if should keep but harboured that thought for only a few mins. Hubby was really happy though he is d only one working n needs to support us n his mum.Actually u have bottles n cot n all stuff from #1, so no need spend much in d beginning. Only d visits to gynae ex loh..

Trust me, evythg will turn out fine. Think on d bright side, ur 2 kids can share their textbooks nex time hahaa n will have playmates earlier!only tahan for few couple of yrs.

Now my only headache is duno wanna get nanny or wat. I'm a person who can't let others take care of bb. 不放心。
Ya... I also know that if we DECIDE on when we are READY for our 2nd one, it just might not happen... Especially since it took two and a half years to get me pregnant... But because of this, we did not take any precautions after I gave birth and if it really does happen, we have only ourselves to blame...

My main concern is my first born right now and not that I am so against a 2nd pregnancy cos if it happens, it happens... But of course if it doesn't happen, then I will start to take precautions until my boy is bigger and more independent and see what happens... If we can be blessed to have another child, it will be great by then... =)

I agree on the clothes and baby stuff cos they are still so new but yet my boy can't wear or use them anymore! Haha...

P.S. My boy is also quite a handful, fussy and pretty tough to take care of but I still love looking after him myself but I am worried I might go nuts if I have to take care of another young baby! Haha...

Last edited:

Amulet

not my own experience, but my close friend got pregnant wen her no.2 is around 5months..

quite shocked n unplanned but as she n her hubby love kids, she just proceed with the pregnancy n coped very well.. she continue to do all the housechores n taking care of her no.1 n no.2 all by herself as her hubby spent long hours at work (no maid no MIL).. she still carries/sling her no.2 around all the way until delivery even though her no.2 is quite a chubby baby.. always go shopping with her no.1, no.2 in pram, and a big belly alone.. really thumbs up to her..

the only downside is that maybe she was spending so much energy taking care of her no.2, her no.3 was on the lighter side (2.7kg iirc) wen born..

now her no.3 is around 1.5yrs old, a very sweet and good girl.. no.2 is a robust, energetic, bright toddler.. she had taken great care of both babies, with more than enough attention and love for all 3 of them..

AngieTan

not my own experience, but my close friend got pregnant wen her no.2 is around 5months..

quite shocked n unplanned but as she n her hubby love kids, she just proceed with the pregnancy n coped very well.. she continue to do all the housechores n taking care of her no.1 n no.2 all by herself as her hubby spent long hours at work (no maid no MIL).. she still carries/sling her no.2 around all the way until delivery even though her no.2 is quite a chubby baby.. always go shopping with her no.1, no.2 in pram, and a big belly alone.. really thumbs up to her..

the only downside is that maybe she was spending so much energy taking care of her no.2, her no.3 was on the lighter side (2.7kg iirc) wen born..

now her no.3 is around 1.5yrs old, a very sweet and good girl.. no.2 is a robust, energetic, bright toddler.. she had taken great care of both babies, with more than enough attention and love for all 3 of them..
Oh my... Your friend is a Wonder Woman! I wish I can cope as well as her if it really happens! Thanks for sharing... =D

andrianie

Would reallie lurve to be like your friend, Amulet!
Salutes to her...

The age gap between my 1st & 2nd is 15 months... Got preggie again when my first is 5mths old..

Well i first found out, i was hysterical! Too happy, too scared & too guilty to even say to hubby... Have heard many cases of women unable to conceive even after many years of trying... am glad there is IVF now, but still many are unable to... Guilty to no 1 for not being able to give him full attention anymore, scared not able to carry...etc

but carrying I did, all the way thru my pregnancy... well he wasnt a huge baby to start with. At the age of 15mths, when he starts to jump around, n scream alot, he has to share my attention with his lil bro... it just wasnt fair...

As a Muslim, I cannot abort him. I know its gonna be difficult on the finance cos I am the higher earner in the family. So I cant quit my job to take care of both. my mum doesnt want to quit her job to take care of kids, I just had too many on my mind... cried a lot during the first trimester...

Well, i persevered a bit, enjoyed my 2nd trimester onwards as much as I can (although I am feeling tired all the time). Spend as much time with my elder & talk to him a lot about baby bro coming along but I think he just wasnt sure whats happening to my growing tummy... Now, the elder is a very loving brother... He knows that we are all family & no one needs to be jealous of the other... Now a plate of rice is no longer shared by 2 nor 3, but 4! Never regret one minute of my decision now...

Good Luck Angie, be strong. Enjoy your pregnancy...

soapsoap

i am now 17 week pregnant with my second one while the first one is only 11month, i also have the same worry as can i take care of 2 baby? $$ will be enough anot cos i plan to resign and take care of my first baby but i found out i was pregnant so continue working full time till i deliever my second baby, will change to part time.

but i believe tat women will be able to cope better than men, i will be able to make it so will u

PinkDiamonds

I was pregnant with my twins when my #1 was around 8 months old. I have stopped working ever since I was pregnant with the 1st, so all along my hubby is the sole breadwinner of the family. It is financially tough, but we managed to pull through.

For me I decided that I need to teach my #1 to be more "independent," like teaching her to keep her toys after play, being able to play on her own, falling asleep on her own etc. When she started to walk she will walk around the house so I don't have to carry her.

I don't think there is such a thing as whether ur #1 is too young or too old for you to have another child. Unplanned or not, you are already pregnant so you have to learn to deal with it.

I was also quite pleased that my twins can take over some of my #1's toys & clothes, so I really save a lot of $$$ there. Now she sleeps on a mattress on the floor so her cot is passed to her sibling.

You will also need to be prepared to deal with your #1 acting up. They will know that there is a big change coming, from the way you give less attention & energy to them. It will be a test of your patience on top of the exhaustion the pregnancy brings, but you can help him/her cope by telling your child that didi/meimei is coming, to sayang your tummy, etc. Just tell yourself this is normal behavior and discipline whenever necessary.

Take care!

Amulet

Oh my... Your friend is a Wonder Woman! I wish I can cope as well as her if it really happens! Thanks for sharing... =D
she has the kind of 'just do it' mentality..
whatever may comes, she just deal with it..

jia you!

i'm sure u can cope fine too!

AngieTan

Thanks for sharing all your experiences... It really encouraged me if it really happens...

I am not sure whether I am pregnant yet cos I think will be too early to test but no menses for the month of March... Keeping my fingers crossed here but if it happens, yup, I will have to deal with it... =)

Amulet

Thanks for sharing all your experiences... It really encouraged me if it really happens...

I am not sure whether I am pregnant yet cos I think will be too early to test but no menses for the month of March... Keeping my fingers crossed here but if it happens, yup, I will have to deal with it... =)
actually, once ur menses is late, u can test already..

AngieTan

OK GALS... I tested this morning and it is POSITIVE... Mixed feelings right now... I can't imagine how it'll be from now on! :001_07: