Anyone soundproof ceiling before? Getting super irritated now!

Eliza

Hi. Just wondering if anyone soundproof their HDB ceiling before? I'm currently looking for one reliable sound proofing company. My neighbour's son (abt 6yrs old) above kept running in and out of their bedroom and slamming their door from 10pm till some times beyond 11pm!
Hubby went up before to tell them that we have a three year old son sleeping in the master bedroom and their answer.. 'we are not running', and closed the door.
WTH! If their son is not running then is there a ghost in their house? Who is running! Seems like their son likes to start 'exercising' after 10pm EVERY day!! Running from one bedroom to another. Sometimes I really felt like cursing them!
Sorry for the rambling.. just wonder if anyone encounter this before and what is your method in dealing with this. Also, if anyone had done sound proofing before, can introduce the contractor and the costs?

Thanks.

ilovegoodie

Hi Eliza,

That is really annoying to have noise this late. Any idea if neighbour below you also have kids? The reason i ask is because, i used to hear running noise and door slamming. But i stay at the highest floor, nobody lives ontop.. err... cant be "something ghostly" ... hee..

Dont waste money on soundproofing. perhaps, you can try to talk to them again. if really cant take it, you can try calling town council (of course, that is not very nice lor).

Take care

creeni

I don't think is the house on top of u. For my case is the house beside my top. They have 3 kids. Ard midnight the like to play basket ball at home.

Jouline

Hi ilovegoodie,
This case of complaint should be directed to the HDB instead of the town council FYI as the town council deal with defect complaints within their scope of vicinity. The HDB are the ones handling neighbouring disputes. Hope this clarifies.