Anyone taking care of child SOLELY ALONE?

lynnliew

me me! Taking care of 2 babies in the house alone - 19mths + 31mths. Its hard @ first but once you get into the routine everyday, it becomes easier. The key is there must be a routine! I will try to do my own things like watch tv, read books or surfing when they are noon napping so that i can breathe. When they behave themselves & at evening when its not too hot, i will bring them to playground for some outdoor activity but my condition is they must hold my hands & stay close to me & walk properly outside...cannot anyhow run. If they dun obey then i will straight away u turn head home.

ajcy

Can share how the routine was like when your kids were younger? Mine is 2 month now and routine revolves around his 3hourly feeds.

My son cannot nap long in the day of he is put down so end up having to carry him.. even I prepare a quick lunch I either carry in carrier or tahan his crying..

lynnliew

Hi there

When my kids were 2 mths old, it was pretty hard to follow an exact routine but if you are consistent enough, baby will pickup the routine. Some fixed routine are
such as fixed bathing time & fixed sleeping time @ nite. They will normally nap twice during the day & wakeup twice in the middle of the nite for milk. I would suggest using an electric yaolan at slow speed during day time cos baby feel secure in the yaolan like being wrapped so you dont have to carry the whole time. I regreted not using the electric yaolan earlier, it really helps me alot. At least my hands are free to do some chores. I do not have any problem when i took away the yaolan at 18mths as i only used it during day time. When baby is asleep, i will carry baby into his baby cot so that he can sleep well. Its not gd to carry baby all the time cos he will stick to you like glue 24/7.

7am - wakeup (Drink Milk) & Burp
7.30am - tok to him/ play with him/ sing-songs
8.30am - Bring him for a walk nearby to get some sunlight & fresh air
9.30am - Come home, rest a while & bath him.
10am - (Drink Milk) & Burp
10.30am - First noon nap (2hrs)
12.30pm - wakeup & lazing on bed
1pm - (Drink Milk) & Burp
1.30 - 3pm - Play with baby
3pm - Second noon nap (1hr)
4pm - Wakeup & (Drink Milk) & Burp
4.30 to 6.30pm - Bring baby for a walk or listen to music etc
7pm - (Drink Milk) & Burp
730pm - Rest a while, wipe baby with warm water, change to nite clothings & prepare for bed
zzzz
11pm - maybe will wakeup for Milk
2am - maybe will wakeup for Milk

Although baby napping time & duration might not be consistent, but at least the bathing & nite sleeping routine can be fixed. Once theres a routine, you wont feel so tired cos you know what to expect & do already.

ajcy

Thanks for the detailed sharing!

We do have a more or less fixed sleeping time at night and bath time in late afternoon. But waking up time depends on ds night feed cos sometimes he sleep through longer..

So you wake your baby at fixed time each morning?