Anyone took Domperidone after baby is 6 months to boost supply?

paperger85

My current milk supply is dwindling. From 120mls each session, it is now down to 80mls per session. I am pumping 3 times at work and I latch baby on as much as possible at home. I am taking Mother's Tea and also Fenugreek extract and I drink 4 litres of water at home.

My last resort is Domperidone but before I take it, I would like to check if any mothers out there who take the medication and if there is a significant increase in the amount of milk expressed.

adelynn

i used it for 3 days after i fell sick for a week and my supply dropped terribly. by the end of the 3rd day, i could see my supply coming back up (80% of what it used to be) and with power pumping i managed to bring it back to where i was before i fell sick.

apollo

yes i took this from the 6week onwards and has been taking it on n off thru out the 4mth bf-ing. it works wonder! i took fenugreek b4 but it does not helps at all while taking domperidone increase my BM. though i didnt manage to fully bf ds but at least he can to drink few times BM daily =)

adelynn

my dosage's as below: 1 tablet 3 times per day to take 1/2 hour before food.

My labeling on the tablets are: Hanssen-cilag (Motilium 10MG) - Domperidone

paperger85

Hi Adelynn, I read that we should take 30mg 3 times a day so I'm a bit confused. I guess I'll start with 1 tablet 3 times a day and see how it goes.

adelynn

Hi Adelynn, I read that we should take 30mg 3 times a day so I'm a bit confused. I guess I'll start with 1 tablet 3 times a day and see how it goes.
i think it depends on the dosage prescribed to you by ur GP/gynae. For me i reacted to 10MG per table x 3 times a day so i guess it was enough.

You should check in with your GP/gynae on the prescription you should be on

paperger85

The GP I went to refused to give it to me so I got mine over the counter. A bit hesitant to visit my gynae coz that will mean spending more money...

adelynn

hmms... i did some surfing and got this

Low Milk Supply -- Domperidone
The traditional and most accepted dosage of domperidone as a galactogogue is 10-20 mg three to four times a day for a total of 30-80 mg daily

i think my gynae started me on the minimum dosage to see results as she feels it was a temporary drop due to me falling sick for that 1 week. and that with some 'help' i should be able to regain.

apollo

i rmb mine was 1 tablet 3x per day den aft 1 week or sth can increase to 2 tablets 3x per day. cos it has some side effects. SOME ppl might encounter headaches and nausea. for me, the 1st 1 weeks i felt nausea aft tt okay.

i rmb mine was 1 tablet 3x per day then after 1 week or something can increase to 2 tablets 3x per day. cos it has some side effects. SOME ppl might encounter headaches and nausea. for me, the 1st 1 weeks i felt nausea after that okay.
Dear mommies,
I'm into my 4th month but I only latch for night feeds. Am thinking of getting domperidone. It's available over the counter without prescription?? Normal pharmacy like guardian?? Thanks ahead for your replies.

Previously took organic's mothers milk tea but baby had really bad tummy upsets and don't wanna start the tea again.

henny

Dear mommies,
I'm into my 4th month but I only latch for night feeds. Am thinking of getting domperidone. It's available over the counter without prescription?? Normal pharmacy like guardian?? Thanks ahead for your replies.

Previously took organic's mothers milk tea but baby had really bad tummy upsets and dont't wanna start the tea again.
Yes, you can get it over the counter from the pharmacist at Guardian, Unity etc. Sometimes, they'll ask you what're u taking it for. Just tell them it's for indigestion coz' that's the main purpose people take domperidone. Increasing BM ss is a side effect of the medicine.

:wong29:

Hi mommies,
I've extra pack to let go, Hubby bought more than I needed. Pls pm me, letting go cheap - motillium(domperidone).

Son rejected lacthing after 4months ;(, my pump is under warranty claim hence I stopped BF totally 2 days ago.