Anyone use Pigeon Breast Milk Storage Bag before?

Jt0604

Hello!

I have used Pigeon breast milk Storage Bags before, but they're relatively expensive. I have also tried Lansinoh, Medela & Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags ... I think Lansinoh is expensive too and sometimes when the milk is frozen, it nicks the plastic quite easily & tears the bag, waste the milk! Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags for me the best in terms of price & quality, so I'm currently using that, but I've never tried Blue Egg, is it good?

Last edited:

Jt0604

Just to add on to the above post, Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags I bought from the sole distributor www.foodfortotz.com. I think they are the cheapest in the market & its quality is good too ... value for money!!

Last edited:

puppydog

I used it before and it leaks!! Lucky i realised it. Quite ex also. From then on, only use storage bottles
Yeah, I shared the same experience, so heartache losing my breastmilk ! Through my sister's recommendation, now I am using Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags, very user-friendly, and cheapest in town. Good qualities too, like Lansinoh if not better. Check their company out at this website

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/nanny-milk-bags-we-sole-distributor-46751/http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/nanny-milk-bags-we-sole-distributor-46751/http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/nanny-milk-bags-we-sole-distributor-46751/http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/nanny-milk-bags-we-sole-distributor-46751/http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/nanny-milk-bags-we-sole-distributor-46751/

Last edited:

my beauty loft

Yeah, I shared the same experience, so heartache losing my breastmilk ! Through my sister's recommendation, now I am using Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags, very user-friendly, and cheapest in town. Good qualities too, like Lansinoh if not better. Check their company out at this website [URL="http://www.milkstoragebags.blogspot.com"]www.milkstoragebags.blogspot.com[/URL]

Breast Milk / Food Trays ~ BP Oct 2010

Breast Milk / Food Trays for our babies.

Freeze baby food or breast milk into single serving cubes
Simplifies feedings: one cube equals one serving

Reduce waste: defrost only what you need
No mess: spill-proof, stackable, and dishwasher-safe

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids
Trays are specially designed to simplify feedings and reduce waste of baby food or breast milk. All you do is pour expressed breast milk or pureed baby food in the milk / food trays, put them in the freezer and freeze. Once frozen, you can take out these frozen milk / food and store into zip lock bags which every family has.

The neat thing about the trays is they have covers, so there are no spills, no mess, and no odors. Each Tray makes 12 pre-portioned servings which measure about one ounce (30ml), which is a single serving of baby food or breast milk for a baby.

Breast Milk cubes are the perfect answer to many situations. Since cubes defrost quickly, they are great for topping-off bottles, thinning baby food, or just adding a little extra nutrition to your baby's cereal. You'll only thaw what you need - convenience for Mom, Dad, or any caregiver.

They won't spill, and are an easy stackable way to safely store breast milk and pureed baby food. Gone are the days of storing breast milk in glass bottles and caps which takes up alot of space and is not stackable. The heavy duty construction allows quick release of the frozen food cubes. And they are dishwasher-safe, so clean up is a breeze.

Trays are FDA-approved food-safe plastic. #4 LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and #2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).Contains no PVC, Bisphenol-A, or Plasticizer.

Zip-lock milk storage bags can be quite costly, hence the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled. The entire bag must be thawed and since breastmilk cannot be refrozen once thawed (even warming then cooling then warming again is a “no-no” because of early spoiling and even more destruction of valuable nutrients), usually several ounces get thrown away. Think about that for a moment…several ounces thrown away…that can really add up over time.

Here are just some simple numbers to consider……

If you were to waste only two ounces of breastmilk in one day.
That equals 10 ounces wasted in one work week!
That adds up to 40 ounces wasted in one work month!
You have now wasted 480 ounces in one year!

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids = SGD $35 NETT with FREE shipping and normal postage

Kindly visit below website or email mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Breast_Milk_Food_Trays_BP_Oct_2010

christabelle

Breast Milk / Food Trays ~ BP Oct 2010

Breast Milk / Food Trays for our babies.

Freeze baby food or breast milk into single serving cubes
Simplifies feedings: one cube equals one serving

Reduce waste: defrost only what you need
No mess: spill-proof, stackable, and dishwasher-safe

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids
Trays are specially designed to simplify feedings and reduce waste of baby food or breast milk. All you do is pour expressed breast milk or pureed baby food in the milk / food trays, put them in the freezer and freeze. Once frozen, you can take out these frozen milk / food and store into zip lock bags which every family has.

The neat thing about the trays is they have covers, so there are no spills, no mess, and no odors. Each Tray makes 12 pre-portioned servings which measure about one ounce (30ml), which is a single serving of baby food or breast milk for a baby.

Breast Milk cubes are the perfect answer to many situations. Since cubes defrost quickly, they are great for topping-off bottles, thinning baby food, or just adding a little extra nutrition to your baby's cereal. You'll only thaw what you need - convenience for Mom, Dad, or any caregiver.

They won't spill, and are an easy stackable way to safely store breast milk and pureed baby food. Gone are the days of storing breast milk in glass bottles and caps which takes up alot of space and is not stackable. The heavy duty construction allows quick release of the frozen food cubes. And they are dishwasher-safe, so clean up is a breeze.

Trays are FDA-approved food-safe plastic. #4 LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and #2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).Contains no PVC, Bisphenol-A, or Plasticizer.

Zip-lock milk storage bags can be quite costly, hence the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled. The entire bag must be thawed and since breastmilk cannot be refrozen once thawed (even warming then cooling then warming again is a “no-no” because of early spoiling and even more destruction of valuable nutrients), usually several ounces get thrown away. Think about that for a moment…several ounces thrown away…that can really add up over time.

You have now wasted 480 ounces in one year!

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids = SGD $35 NETT with FREE shipping and normal postage

Kindly visit below website or email mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
[URL]http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Breast_Milk_Food_Trays_BP_Oct_2010[/URL]
Hello xiaoris

I disagreed with what you said on the following points in your thread :

You mentioned “quote :

You have now wasted 480 ounces in one year! Unquote”

The above assumption by you is completely untrue and exaggerated! The expression of breast milk takes time, dedication and discipline. Sometimes, it is so difficult to express enough milk for my baby, let alone, letting it go to waste! Xiaoris, no milk is wasted, even if we have excess, there are many things we can do with it like giving our babies a milk bath etc. many nursing mummies will agree with me if we have excess breast milk.

You mentioned “Zip-lock milk storagebags can be quite costly, hence the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled.” I beg to differ on the above sweeping statement! These days zip-lock milk storage bags are affordable and not as costly as you claimed. It is BPA-free, pre-sterilised and suitable to store breast milk! Moreover, normal zip lock bags are unsafe especially when use to store breast milk! You risked getting our babies drinking contaminated milk. You said “the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled.” is also a fiction. Most milk storage bags available in the market can fill up to 8 ounces, so I dont’t really understand what you are trying to convey by saying “instead of leaving it barely-filled.”

You further mentioned “The entire bag must be thawed and since breastmilk cannot be refrozen once thawed (even warming then cooling then warming again is a “no-no” because of early spoiling and even more destruction of valuable nutrients), usually several ounces get thrown away. Think about that for a moment…several ounces thrown away…that can really add up over time”. Here again, we know the mechanics of proper storage and maximise usage of expressed breast milk. We know breast milk once thawed cannot be refrozen but the breast milk is good for 24 hours which we will give to our babies within the time frame of 24-hour so rest assured no milk will be wasted and we are not so silly as to throw away our precious breast milk!

Please be sensitive, realistic and mindful of our feelings about throwing away expressed milk. dont’t narrate unproven figures to us on the wastage of breast milk just to promote your milk trays!

Last edited:

soniababe

I was using Pigeon Breastmilk Storage Bags before......but found them to be too costly :( Later, through a friend's recommedation, I switched to Nanny breastmilk storage bags....very affordable and most economical in the market. Excellent quality, Pigeon milk bags can't stand as well as Nanny. For Nanny milk bags, I can stored flat or standing up, no problem at all. Nanny Breastmilk storage bags, I got from this forum

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f100/superby-quality-price-nanny-
breastmilk-storage-bags-sole-distributor-49150/

Prompt. fast and reliable services by the sole distributor. Food For Totz.

XenXuan

hi all,where to buy LANSINOH Milk Bags? how much is 1 box? i cant seem to find it in kiddy palace which is near my hse haha..

Jt0604

Hi XenXuan

Just my 2-cent advise. If you want to buy Lansinoh milk bags locally, they are all from Thailand unless you order from Amazon, you are getting the real stuff. Lansinoh milk bags are pre-sterilsation by medium gtade only, meaning medium strength. Buy those milk bags that are sterilised by gamma-ray. This is an expensive and high technology which brands like Blue-Egg, Pigeon and Nanny milk bags are capable of using. Among all, Nanny is the cheapest, value for money and comes with double-ziplocks.

XenXuan

hi Jt0604,thanks for the info.. tat day i went shopping in kiddypalace n bought a TS breastmilk storage bag $12.50(20bags),its from blue egg company.. not sure if its the same blue egg bags others talking abt.. it seems not bad to me,self standing,pre-sealed sterilized bags (it stated double zipper,i tot its like really 2 sets of zippers on each bag lol),quite think n got a thermo sensor on top of bag.. im not using alot bags(milk clearing well daily),so the price factor is still ok wif me.. will see if will turn into long usage of bags then will switch to nanny brand..

Jt0604

Hi XenXuan

Yes TS breastmilk storage bag is Blue Egg. TS stands for thermal sensor, meaning it can detect the temperature of the milk. Well, if you are not using and storing alot of breast milk, I guess is fine. Comparatively, one blue egg = 0.63 cents against Nanny = 0.34 cents. I intend to breastfeed for as long as I can, so I have to consider price factor. Cannot tahan ....got to spend on diapers, clothes etc. So can save save haha. Anyway, I used Blue Egg before I swtiched to Nanny. We both jia-you on breastfeeding ok!

XenXuan

My baby girl turning 1mth old in few days.. I realizing my breastmilk supply like getting lesser these few days despite drinking lactating milk formula n taking fenugreek.. Appetite getting back to pre-pregnancy size,eat less than 1/2 portion but multi meals.. So worried again my milk supply will creased after 2nd month juz like when I had my son..

MehMeh99

There are 2 types of pigeon bag. One is made in Thailand while the other is made in japan. I used the one that is made in japan and its thicker and doesn't leak.

Food For Totz

<b>Worthy Lady</b>
Last edited:

Jode

Sry to side track but anyone using milk tray to freeze the milk then put inside the bag? I also using lansinoh bag to store my milk stick reason being my ger feeding amt still varies. She drinking 100 to 140ml n if I store in bag sometime very wasteful as I pump between 80 to 140. Frequently she won't finish the milk n mk me having pouring the remaining away
I use the milk trays, and I like it. Its cost efficient and easy.
the only downside it that hygiene may be compromised when you transfer the cubes to the ziplock bags for storage or when you transfer them to the bottles to thaw.

bleeeee

I have tried blue egg, lansinoh & pigeon. My fav is still lansinoh coz it's the flattest when frozen. The rest will bulge out (I freeze flat & stand them up after that to store) & so will not stand as nicely when frozen & takes up more space. I have limited space in my freezer so lansinoh is my choice :)