Anyone using Pigeon teats?

sugarcookie

Dear Mummies,

Are any of you bottle-feeding your babies using Pigeon teats?

My dear daughter was using S size but her feeding time has been really long lately so I switched her teat to Ysize (non-drip). With the Ysize teat, she finishes her milk in about 10mins. The problem is, I notice that the teat often collapses and gets "sucked" back into the cap!

Anyone encountered this problem??? Tried 'M' on her but she dribbles like crazy so 'M' is out.

jasobias

Dear Mummies,

My dear daughter was using S size but her feeding time has been really long lately so I switched her teat to Ysize (non-drip). With the Ysize teat, she finishes her milk in about 10mins. The problem is, I notice that the teat often collapses and gets "sucked" back into the cap!

Anyone encountered this problem??? Tried 'M' on her but she dribbles like crazy so 'M' is out.
hey,
i have always used pigeon teats without any problems.If it gets sucked in just draw the bottle out of her mouth a while..she is probably sucking real hard :tlaugh:

sugarcookie

I did...but because the Ysize teat is anti-drip, when I remove it from her mouth, it remains flat. I have to use my fingers to pinch it back into shape!

Did you encounter this problem with Ysize? BTW, I'm using the Peristaltic range.

Last edited:

autumn82

I did...but because the Ysize teat is anti-drip, when I remove it from her mouth, it remains flat. I have to use my fingers to pinch it back into shape!

Did you encounter this problem with Ysize?
I've been using Pigeon teats since Belle time now Iggy also using.. But I never bought Ysize teats.

If the flow for M size is too much for yr darling to take, u can try poking some holes on S size 1st, until she can take M size. Usually u can just turn the bottle, the teat will goes bk to the original shape... Don't need to use fingers to pinch it back leh..

jasobias

Did you encounter this problem with Ysize? BTW, I'm using the Peristaltic range.
i agree with autumn ..just make the hole in the small teat a bit larger using pin.I dont use the y shaped ones either n my kids didnt like the textured ones...they feel really weird...hehehheh

annie03

Hi,

I'm using Pigeon teats for my baby gal since her birth and every thing turns out quite well, Ysize teat is not suitable for drinking milk cos the hole is too big and i have chk with the promoter before, she say that Ysize teat is use only when you add cereal to her milk then only you required Ysize teat in order for the cereals to flow out easily n not get stuck... and as for S teat, you can make the hole bigger 1st then use M teat later on... and maybe u can try avoid turning the bottle cap too tightly to the bottle cos it can more or less restrict the flow of milk too...

Dear Mummies,

Last edited:

autumn82

Rem to use sterilised needles to poke if u do so. Can be bought at pharmacy. :)

Yea, don't turn too tight the cap..