anyone with bad cough in third trimester

dianay

yes, i experienced very bad cough for 2 weeks before scheduled for C-section till i hurt my back. Cannot even sleep well cos i cough the whole nite and somemore with a heavy and big stomach....Went to see doctor twice and he prescribe a cough drop suitable for pregnant woman, cough improve but the back pain din went off until after my c-section.

Thanks Dianay and Cn naz, both of you din take any anti biotics? My cough actually becomes worse now.. Did you try to avoid eating anything?

Alisa

usually doc will try not to give antibiotics to pregnant ladies wan. I was down by flu twice in my last mth of pregnancy and doc still give the same med.

dianay

Doctor will not recommend antibiotic. I only survived on cough drops prescribe by doctor. I was worst, cough till my back hurts and carrying a 3.22kg baby in my tummy ..hehe. I did not drink cold drinks and cold things. Dun drink tea, any type of tea. Cos for me, drinking tea aggregates my cough. Hope it helps. Take care, it will cure soon, I know how u feel

cn naz

I drank hot lemon with honey. Seemed to help a bit. My doctor never prescribed me antibiotics. Even when i have tummy virus, she gave me probiotic only.

Thanks everyone, I think my GP has done me a big disfavor by prescribing me antibiotics... I should have checked with my gynae b4 taking it.. Now too late.. Already taken. Just pray my baby will be ok....
*worried*

pearl87

Hi there. Antibiotics are commonly prescribed during pregnancy. However, specific medications should be chosen carefully. Some antibiotics may be safe, but others are not. You should consult your symptoms to your physician so he/she can give you appropriate medications. There are also natural treatments like herbal drinks for cough but then again, some of them may threaten your pregnancy so it's better to refer all of these to your physician before taking them.

For more fertility and pregnancy info, visit: <a href="http://www.fertilitychef.com">The Fertility Chef</a>