Anyone with PCOS?

nirmiti27

Hi just wondering if theres anyone with PCOS?
Hi Faeza,
I have PCOS and discovered it in feb'06..so will be almost 4 yrs now...
i concieved Baby reyu with Clomid 100mg and Cervical mucus check every day and Ovulation test..but Reyu lived only for short 18 days ...after delievring him at end of 7th month due to premature rupture of placenta membrane...reason unknown

there is a good book for PCOS & conceiving..
"PCOS and Your Fertility" by Colette Harris and Theresa Cheung..they have seven step fertility boosting plan ...really really good

iwan2noe

I also have PCOS and still struggling to conceive ^_^
hi,

did u seek professional treatment for PCOS?
My PCOS prob is such that I dun have menses regularly..but that doesn't means I dun ovulate properly. As long as u still ovulate, wanting to conceive wont be too tough..

I was on birth control pills(BCP) to reulate my menses in the way that taking BCP helps me menstruate monthly.

I was on BCP for abt 2-3 yrs b4 i settled down and tcc and voila, i conceived and gave birth to a bb gal :)

Seek a professional(eg, a gynae) help and get ur prob diagnosed.
Dun despair or give up. I can conceive, so can u. Dun be sad..Keep trying but dun give urself stress. Bb came to me when I am least prepared and least stressed up :)

anttan

i do conceive successfully when i have PCOS but had MC... dun worry, as long as no blockage, think still can conceive...

it's best to check with your gynae to see if needed to remove it. for me, my gynae say no need to remove. so it's still with me now...

sharkles

Hi there..

I was diagnosed with PCOS for several years and back then i brushed it aside as i was just 18YO and was single. I knew that it was a condition that attributed to my weight gain, horrible skin and excessive hair growth. Fast forward today, i have done a surgery to remove cyst from my ovary and the gynae did some procedure that was suppose to help PCOS patients ovulate ( I think it is puncturing holes in the ovary or something or that sorts).

I used to be on BCP to regulate my menses and i could only treat the symptoms of my PCOS (e.g. waxing for hair growth, diet and skincare for skin). Unfortunately exercise only got me 'fitter' but not so much weight loss. Apparently it is a double edged sword to be overweight and have PCOS because you need to lose weight to solve the PCOS or solve PCOS to lose weight.

My husband and I are considering options for fertility since we know of this condition. I have yet spoken to any gynae yet. I did not really liked the gynae who did my surgery so i dont think i will be going back to her. I was hoping to hear from people who have battled with PCOS and what sort of treatment are they seeking, successful or non successful stories. I dont know if i should seek TCM? or should i go to a gynae and be prescribed with medication/surgery to attempt to conceive. I know IVF would be a costly procedure and a long commitment too.

Thanks in advance