Appeal for Items for Children's Shelter in Myanmar

Carole

Received this in my email...

Dear colleagues and friends,

A friend of mine will be leading a Youth Expedition with a team to Yangon, Myanmar in late September.

To prepare for the upcoming monsoon, they will be touching up a ward in the outskirts to make it into a dependable shelter for the children. The whole shelter concept acts like a daycare, with learning and play corners as well as a small library, where children spend their time there as they take shelter from the monsoon while their parents are out at work.

Henceforth, I would like to appeal on behalf to you reading this, who can contribute items like toys, books, games, clothes, umbrellas etc which can benefit the children during the monsoon period. However, we are unable to collect soft toys as it is not appropriate for play in the wet conditions and may even form a breeding ground for centipedes.

If you have any items, or know of anyone who has some items, and would like to contribute to the children's shelter, please drop me an email @ eugeniateo@hotmail.com, and I will make arrangements to have them collected at your convenience.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Eugenia

Last edited: