are baby tummy binders a necessary?

August

Hi mummies,

i've bought 2 belly binders but i'm not sure what they are for?
1.how many am i required to prepare for my newborn?
2.is it washable?
3.to be used before or after the umbilical cord falls off?
4. What is it for? they said its to keep the tummy warm but i've bought the bean pillow to be placed on the tummy too...

:wong29:Can any kind mummies answer my doubts?

jespang

I bought one but didn't use it all. The wrap is prevent the 'wind' get into baby's tummy. But I hv been applying the 'ru yi' oil twice a day n is gd enough liao. N i alway use cloth diaper to cover her tummy whenever i feeding her infront of a fan. Btw, if I m not wrong the bean bag is to be placed on baby chest not tummy.

August

I bought one but didn't use it all. The wrap is prevent the 'wind' get into baby's tummy. But I hv been applying the 'ru yi' oil twice a day n is gd enough liao. N i alway use cloth diaper to cover her tummy whenever i feeding her infront of a fan. Btw, if I m not wrong the bean bag is to be placed on baby chest not tummy.
Oh! Ok thanks thanks! :) oh yea on the chest. Okie I bought Ru Yi oil already so I guess two tummy binder Shld be enuff :)

joeybeadz

Hi mummies,

i've bought 2 belly binders but i'm not sure what they are for?
1.how many am i required to prepare for my newborn?
2.is it washable?
3.to be used before or after the umbilical cord falls off?
4. What is it for? they said its to keep the tummy warm but i've bought the bean pillow to be placed on the tummy too...

:wong29:Can any kind mummies answer my doubts?
never use before. I guess it is not necessary. Nurses never told me to cover during the first few days. Anyway, you will swaddle your baby, so the tummy will be warm.

babycar

Not really necessary. My baby's pedia prevented me from doing this practice as it will only intervene with the natural flow of breathing.