Are Swollen breasts and late period quite clear indicatiors of Pregnancy?

janjan

Hi All,

I just joined this forum.. like to seek some advise..

i have irregular menses, however based on my average cycle, im already 11 days late. Im feeling tired recently..my breasts are very swollen and tender for the last 1.5 weeks-- in fact painful as well. Never felt so heavy before. there was one day i felt nauseus the whole day.

Tested a number of times but negative. I bought the pregnancy test strips online.

I read online that some people do not produce enough hCG and will get negative results despite them being pregnant.

I have been waiting for a long time and tested many times. Just fear to go to the doc, and if its -ve after a blood test.. will be quite demoralising..

Would the experienceds ones out there suggest that I visit the doc?
Any advise?

Thanks so much
janjan

janjan

Any assistance or feedback?

i just like to know if its common to have low hcG levels so low, that HPT cannot test, and need to do blood test at doc?

i just like to know if its common to have low hcG levels so low, that HPT cannot test, and need to do blood test at doc?
usually the kit is more than 99 percent accurate. If u got negative/single lines for multiple test, most likely u r not pregnant. But i suggest you n urged u to go to the doctor for the delayed in menses n the above symptoms u experienced..

Fiona73

Juz testing in the morning upon u woke up, hcG is higher during these period. I dun not experience swollen breast in the very early stage.

fuyumi

Just go to the doctor if you really want to find out. I realise the disappointment is part of the process and I can't expect to be lucky the first time round.

icysheens

hi everyone im new here....
just learnt from my gp yest im 5 weeks pregnant...i dont feel pregnant except just sleepy + feverish + bad cramps (normal to me coz i haf history of bad menses cramps).i read somewhere its not cfmed pregnant till gynae confirms it?is it true?coz now i worry if im not pregnant i will disappoint my hubby who is super super excited over this news since yest:s
(1)if im pregnant im considering dr lisa chin from gleneagles anyone has experience wif her b4?how is she like?
(2) anyone can share total breakdown costs (from consultation right up to delivery at gleneagles? (including anaesthesiatric costs etc etc) so we will be prepared at the total costs we r in for should we proceed with dr chin?
(3) anything else i shld be aware of coz this is my 1st pregnancy n im really both happy n nervous + scared mixed of emotions n im clueless whats next n all i want do is sleep!
look fwd to hearing from you!!cheers!!!!!!

felicity

hi all~

for me... my cycle can range from 31 days to 72 days... the average days shown on my period log app is 59 days. so when i miss period for well over a month i'm not worried at all. although there were cases of scare... in the past few years, thrice i've used the home kit to test and all negative.

from the beginning of last year started tcc, but due to my super irregular cycle, difficult to get pregnant. hubby is more anxious as age is catching up, and we had plans to see chinese sinseh for traditional chinese medicine ways to 'tune' my body. towards the end of the year, i was a bit on the wild side... enough of stress from work and from tcc... so i let my hair down and went partying like mad with my single colleagues. so much that i actually yearn to be single again, how absurd right?! fortunately my hubby lets me go out and play. i told him once we have kids, no more chance for me, so let me have fun now. who knows, it's really my final chance of partying...

in january i was very restless. appetite very weird. couldn't sleep well and thus very tired at work. at the beginning colleagues were telling me not to get so stressed over work, but i told them i'm not stressed, i'm seriously coping fine. after two weeks, a colleague said i may be pregnant. i was actually upset at the thought, omg! because we have plans to go partying again in the less peak periods. i didn't want to miss out the fun! but i know besides being very tired all day, i also feel nauseous and vomited once at work. my breasts are also getting swollen and heavy (which also can be pre-menstrual symptoms, as that also happened in the previous 3 scares with negative results)... so on 21 Jan i took my last kit (bought those one pair per box from guardian) and did the test with my morning pee... it was positive. i was quite lost. my period was only 3 days late, according to my average 59 day cycle as indicated by the app, which has been keeping track of my cycle for 14 months. by then i was constantly tired, had cravings, and weirder appetites, that even my hubby was suspecting.

i kept it to myself throughout the day, and that night i had reunion with my in laws... i didn't say a thing. it was only on 22 Jan that hubby asked me and i told him yes, and not to tell others yet. hubby was very nice to keep it a secret with me. we went to see a gynae to confirm the pregnancy on 25 Jan. i was already 8+ week pregnant, and could see the baby's form and heartbeat! which scares me too... that means i've been partying, dancing, drinking, etc while pregnant! since i went for parties around christmas and new year. i've gotten over the fact that i can no longer go partying (maybe until baby is bigger? =P) and maternal instincts start kicking in... talking to baby and making my hubby talk to baby (after reading motherhood which says that baby starts to recognise the parents' voice by the end of the first trimester) yesterday went for my first check with the gynae that i want... i shortlisted thru reading forums and websites =) doc says my baby is very strong... well i totally agree! hope this will be a strong and sticky baby =)

felicity

aiyo sorry sorry! :001_07: i dont know why i typed such long story... got totally carried away on a boring saturday afternoon... :wong17:

the main thing i wanna say is... swollen breasts and late period can be indicators for pregnancy but can also be just another normal day when the cycle is late or you may be stressed. try not to be stressed... when i tcc i got nothing... towards the end of 2011 i wasn't thinking about tcc anymore.. i just go out relax, destress, have fun... and viola! unexpected... pregnant.

other symptoms i have are tiredness, bloated feeling with weird appetite or no appetite or cravings. when too hungry feel nauseous, when too full also feel nauseous... but by then already close to 8 weeks, more than halfway through my first trimester...

anyone as bored as i am now? :wong13:

just to add... icysheens... i'm also totally clueless now... it's my first pregnancy and i feel unprepared. i dunno how much i'll spend eventually but now trying to save as much as i can for my baby in future :)

Last edited:

diza

Babe, best is to go GP and get a blood test. You'll be able to know the HCG level. I know it's quite depressing if you get the HCG result and it's negative. But at least you know the result rather than you keep on stressing yourself by wondering what's wrong. Just remember, God has a reason for making us wait this long. Don't worry k. Baby dust to you. =D

christinem

Babe, best is to go GP and get a blood test. You'll be able to know the HCG level. I know it's quite depressing if you get the HCG result and it's negative. But at least you know the result rather than you keep on stressing yourself by wondering what's wrong. Just remember, God has a reason for making us wait this long. Don't worry k. Baby dust to you. =D
Yup, i totally agree with everything diza said.. Get the blood test done and hopefully its to your favour. Stay happy and hoping to hear the good news.. :)

Last edited: