Are you able to wear Normal clothes during Breastfeeding?

Vone

:( Somehow during breastfeeding ~ i cant seem to be able to get nice nursing tops or shirt to wear when i go out nowadays =( I'm also unable to wear normal tshirts or clothes when im go out too ? Is it a need to buy nursing tops ? Mummies are you still able to wear normal clothes during breastfeeding? Please Advise

elaine01

When I go out, if I know that i'll be with anti-BFing ppl, then better wear a nursing top. will not expose anything & can still BF w ease. no chance for them to yak & yak & yak......like a bunch of chirpies.....

But when I'm with BFing friendly ppl, then wear anything also not a problem. but i never like underwire/padded bra. i like MIM's cami basic bra over the wekeneds. no clips or hooks do deal with....

Vone

When I go out, if I know that i'll be with anti-BFing ppl, then better wear a nursing top. will not expose anything & can still BF w ease. no chance for them to yak & yak & yak......like a bunch of chirpies.....

But when I'm with BFing friendly ppl, then wear anything also not a problem. but i never like underwire/padded bra. i like MIM's cami basic bra over the wekeneds. no clips or hooks do deal with....
i totally get wat u mean elaine! Where do u get nice nursing tops from elaine? And Does MIM have a shop or something where i can go get the bra from? bought the sling but cant figure out how to use it @_@||

i don't wear nursing clothes... so auntie looking (last time...my first baby)

I wear normal clothes and breastfeed in public, even when shopping.
I put baby in the sling and use the extra to cover up, then i talk, eat, shop like nobody's business. People stare, i ignore ...hee hee hee

Then when my eldest was too big for the sling, i used a shaw to cover up.

no problem ... but then baby must be cooperative also

elaine01

i totally get wat u mean elaine! Where do u get nice nursing tops from elaine? And Does MIM have a shop or something where i can go get the bra from? bought the sling but cant figure out how to use it @_@||
Can try the following links:

MotherNeeds breastfeeding clothes & nursing aids

Moms in Mind

Moms-RUs.com : affordable, trendy and chic maternity & nursing wear

MIM do have sling classes once in a while. live demo............

i do have a nursing top design in mind......:tlaugh:

JenLee98

Got a few pieces from Spring Maternity.... their designs are nice and not too bog size.... suitable for slim mummies too. There is a 2 pc wear where the inner singlet (with a slit for BF) could be worn under any normal top ! :wong19:

spottycow

I also dun wear nursing tops. I wear T-shirts. I just lift it up when I need to nurse, your bb is able to hide ur tummy. But that is after I am more experience with bfing.

JenLee98

Acutally the ones at Spring Maternity are not auntie-looking at all, they r hip & trendy..... I went to the one at AMK Hub.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Hi Vone,

I replied your post in the other nursing wear thread.. hehe

let me copy and paste here.

Hi Vone,

You can try the following stores. :)

New MaternitySPHERE
Mothers En Vogue
Pumpkin
Moms in Mind

Brain not working at this hour so only can think of these few that sells non-tshirt material nursing apparels. *hehe*
Actually for me i prefer to wear normal clothes and just nurse away. Though that seems impossible with the *huge assets* we gain from bfg in the early days. But i do purchase nursing wear too for easier access and vainity. I guess practise makes perfect to nurse with the usual clothes. *hint* just practice at home first. i'm sure u can do it! :)

Last edited:

elaine01

I also dun wear nursing tops. I wear T-shirts. I just lift it up when I need to nurse, your bb is able to hide ur tummy. But that is after I am more experience with bfing.
i only feel comfy lifting up mu tees when with my own family. you expose your tummy they also wont care. but not when i'm with ILs. they'll shoo me to some corner & say very shameful........

I've survived BFing for 7 months without any nursing tops except for the nursing bras.. i found this tip online - wearing a camisole or spaghetti strap top underneath ur tee.. so when u lift up your tee, the back will still be covered with the cami. but i can't leave the house without my trusty shawl. i carry mia on the baby bjorn and just latch her on covering her with the shawl and i can eat and talk and walk as normal.. just tt perhaps ppl may tend to look at u funny.. well.. if they make u feel uncomfortable you can just say "Baby's sleeping" ;)

Hope it helps!

Cheerios,
the prelovedshoppe.keeper and a bfeeding mommy ;)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I've accumulated an entire wardrobe of nursing wear... only now am looking seriously for 'normal' clothes... so yes, I used lots of nursing wear. Bought some from friends who opened their own lines (which have since been closed) and others from shops. Not cheap... but hey, we're already saving on milk powder so no complaints from my hubby. :p

Honestly, I stayed with breastfeeding clothes becos I was one of those who breastfed any time, any where and I wanted to stay as decent as possible. I probably can count on one hand the number of times I've used a nursing room while outside... just didn't see the point. Between my nursing tops and my trusty MIM sling... no one could see much of anything anyway. But it takes practice to be able to do everything smoothly enough so pple don't stare.

Pink daisy

nursing wears very auntie looking :( Tats why i kept searching for nicer ones..
It is! I cant oso seem to find my size, so I wear my normal clothes. V troublesome, we both dun like sling, so when outside must roughly make sure that the plc hv nursing room

Vone

It is! I cant oso seem to find my size, so I wear my normal clothes. V troublesome, we both dun like sling, so when outside must roughly make sure that the plc hv nursing room

I agree with u! I cant get my size too its like too big. ~_~ and auntie... looking .

angeline85

Hi vone,

hope i am not too late to reply this thread. i feel that some of the mum in mind clothes are not auntie. they have show room you can go to the show room and try out their clothes they have fitting room there.

Moms in Mind: Showroom