Arkansas hunters duped into leasing hunting land privately, but it wasn't private

JaneBower

A hunter called and said he found an ad on Facebook and Craigslist and thought he was signing a lease to hunt privately on 50 acres in London, Arkansas. When he showed up for the first hunt of the season, he found out he was not alone.

“Very first question I asked him was: 'If I lease this, is this going to be just me - and who I say - hunting?' And of course he says 'yeah'," said Daniel Smith.

Smith saw an ad Facebook and contacted Dion Dawson to lease the land. He said after obtaining a contract, he paid Dawson, and set up camp.
“When I get up here a guy comes out here - when I’m putting out corn - and says, ‘I’m fixing to lease this and lock this gate’ and I’m like 'well, I have already leased it',” Smith explained. “So, he calls the guy on the phone and puts him on speaker phone and asks him about it and of course he hangs up and says we're a liar. I showed the other guy the contract."

MissEverly

If you're looking for reliable and trustworthy professionals to help with real estate matters, including finding suitable hunting land, consider reaching out to a mortgage broker in Chesterfield. They have extensive knowledge of the local real estate market and can provide valuable advice and assistance. Stay vigilant and make sure to double-check the ownership and legality of any agreements in the future. Happy hunting!