Arrival of baby Lenard on 13 Dec,2009

Hi all mummies:

V busy for me to be first time mummy, late anouncement of my new born. Lenard was born on 39th wk. My cervix still no dilating in my 39th week routine check up. My gynae spotted some white spot in the water bag while scanning. I was told that I need to go to hospital to be induced because my gynae suspected the white spot is baby’s poo poo or it may be just normal baby skin natural moisture.

I am reluctant to be induced as I’ve got a god feel that the white spot is normal skin moisture, but we decided to take zero risk. I quickly went back home and took a bath then admitted to Mt A. After I changed the hospital gown it is already 6pm and I only had my breakfast in the morning. I was wondering why I didn’t feel hungry at all. The nurse put the CTG to monitor my baby’s heart beat. Thanks god, baby is happy! And the amazing thing happened, I started to have regular contraction without using the induce medication. I was thinking maybe my dear son knew that it is time to come out.:)

My cervix dilated about 1.5cm at 6:30pm and my gynae came, she was also surprised that I had such a good on time contraction. She burst my water bag to check if baby past motion, good new, the water is clearly colorless. Now it is the long journey of my cervix dilating, in the antenatal class, they told me usually the first baby takes up to 12 hrs for cervix to fully open. I turned on TV to watch my favorite TV drama and meantime smsed few of my friends to distract my attention. About 9pm, I felt the pain with every contraction and thought my cervix should open few more cms but the nurse told me still 1.5 cm! My gynae said wait until 12am, if still not open to 3 cm, they will give induce medicine.

I can not tolerate the pain until 12am. I suggest all mummies ask for epidural, it can relieve your pain greatly. Now it is 12pm, I didn’t even feel the pain for checking my cervix. I was eventually given the induce medicine to speed up the dilating. Do ask the nurse to help you clean ur urine as it is helpful for cervix dilating. The nurse in Mt. A is very nice to help me. I really appreciate it.

About 5:30 am, I felt the urge to push and I asked the nurse to help me to check, now my cervix is fully open and they started to prepare, it is time for me to push! I told myself: wake up, mummy, it is working time! After the midwife prepared everything, I followed their instruction to push when every contraction came. My gynae came. About one hour later, I heard their exciting tone, baby came out! Oh, my dear son is so cute and his cry suddenly became a wonderful music for me[FONT=&#23435]![/FONT]

The whole process is still so clear in my mind even through it is three weeks ago; here is my dear son’s photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

iwan2noe

Hi all mummies:

very busy for me to be first time mummy, late anouncement of my new born. Lenard was born on 39th wk. My cervix still no dilating in my 39th week routine check up. My gynae spotted some white spot in the water bag while scanning. I was told that I need to go to hospital to be induced because my gynae suspected the white spot is baby’s poo poo or it may be just normal baby skin natural moisture.

I am reluctant to be induced as I’ve got a god feel that the white spot is normal skin moisture, but we decided to take zero risk. I quickly went back home and took a bath then admitted to Mt A. After I changed the hospital gown it is already 6pm and I only had my breakfast in the morning. I was wondering why I didn’t feel hungry at all. The nurse put the CTG to monitor my baby’s heart beat. Thanks god, baby is happy! And the amazing thing happened, I started to have regular contraction without using the induce medication. I was thinking maybe my dear son knew that it is time to come out.:)

My cervix dilated about 1.5cm at 6:30pm and my gynae came, she was also surprised that I had such a good on time contraction. She burst my water bag to check if baby past motion, good new, the water is clearly colorless. Now it is the long journey of my cervix dilating, in the antenatal class, they told me usually the first baby takes up to 12 hours for cervix to fully open. I turned on TV to watch my favorite TV drama and meantime smsed few of my friends to distract my attention. About 9pm, I felt the pain with every contraction and thought my cervix should open few more cms but the nurse told me still 1.5 cm! My gynae said wait until 12am, if still not open to 3 cm, they will give induce medicine.

I can not tolerate the pain until 12am. I suggest all mummies ask for epidural, it can relieve your pain greatly. Now it is 12pm, I didn’t even feel the pain for checking my cervix. I was eventually given the induce medicine to speed up the dilating. Do ask the nurse to help you clean your urine as it is helpful for cervix dilating. The nurse in Mt. A is very nice to help me. I really appreciate it.

About 5:30 am, I felt the urge to push and I asked the nurse to help me to check, now my cervix is fully open and they started to prepare, it is time for me to push! I told myself: wake up, mummy, it is working time! After the midwife prepared everything, I followed their instruction to push when every contraction came. My gynae came. About one hour later, I heard their exciting tone, baby came out! Oh, my dear son is so cute and his cry suddenly became a wonderful music for me[FONT=&#23435]![/FONT]

The whole process is still so clear in my mind even through it is three weeks ago; here is my dear son’s photo.
Hi Claire_mama,

Congrats on ur bundle of joy!
Ur son sure have a charismatic look! =) have character! =)