Arrival of Dearest Son, Ryan Soo - 10 Nov 2009

ohstrawberry

Wanting to share the joys of my newborn, Ryan Soo.:Dancing_wub:
Baby Ryan weighs 3.545kg when born by natural delivery, without epidural.

My cervix opened 2cm already during the last chk-up on 06 Nov 09, was told to admit to hospital either 09 or 10 Nov, chose 10 Nov cause just started my leave and still a lot of housework not done yet.

7.40am - Admitted to East Shore to induce labour on 10 Nov 09, after doing the admission procedures, was directed to delivery suite.

8.20am - Get changed and cleared bowels.
Strangely dont't feel any contractions though the CTG shown quite high degree of contractions, can go up to 90 plus - 100 plus at times.

9.15am - Gynae came in to burst my waterbag and put me on drip, was already 4cm. Still very relaxed, watched TV and chit chat with hubby, but felt uncomfortable of the wetness of the water flowing out and keeps insisting the nurse to change the pads for me.

12.30pm - I felt the urge of clearing bowel again, thinking i did not clear properly just now. Nurse said the feeling is caused by baby head pushing down, but by now i felt very uncomfortable. :tsad:

12.45pm - Nurse came to check my cervix again, she's so rough and is so painful, causing me to cry. :we2arghh:Only open another 1cm, now 5cm.

1.05pm-Nurse says with jab, cervix will open faster, thus took the jab on the buttock, slightly better after 10mins. Managed to rest for a while.

2.15pm - opened till 8cm already.

3.30pm - Nurse told me to try pushing until baby head can be seem then she will call gynae in, pushed like hell, and the effectiveness of jab is wearing out, i felt so much uncomfortable now, like having bad stomachache, felt cold suddenly, hubby wear socks for me and keeps comforting me. Keeps telling nurse that i'm exhausted but she dont't care.
Pushed about 6-7times, she finally called the gynae.

3.45pm - Gynae came in and the real pushing started, i felt she snipped my vaginal opening, pushed for 4-5 more times, finally baby is out at 4pm plus.

Had bad bleeding due placenta low, can see gynae insert gauze to stop bleeding.
Very tired already, but looking at the baby on me, all the pains were gone and felt all efforts worth.

That's my labor story, hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

ohstrawberry

Thanks all. I think maybe it's my 1st pregnancy and too excited, also don't know what to expect, that's why i'm not scared at all . Guess having positive thinking and relax during the procedure helped in smooth delivery.

Juz17

Wanting to share the joys of my newborn, Ryan Soo.:Dancing_wub:
Baby Ryan weighs 3.545kg when born by natural delivery, without epidural.

My cervix opened 2cm already during the last chk-up on 06 Nov 09, was told to admit to hospital either 09 or 10 Nov, chose 10 Nov cause just started my leave and still a lot of housework not done yet.

7.40am - Admitted to East Shore to induce labour on 10 Nov 09, after doing the admission procedures, was directed to delivery suite.

8.20am - Get changed and cleared bowels.
Strangely dont't feel any contractions though the CTG shown quite high degree of contractions, can go up to 90 plus - 100 plus at times.

9.15am - Gynae came in to burst my waterbag and put me on drip, was already 4cm. Still very relaxed, watched TV and chit chat with hubby, but felt uncomfortable of the wetness of the water flowing out and keeps insisting the nurse to change the pads for me.

12.30pm - I felt the urge of clearing bowel again, thinking i did not clear properly just now. Nurse said the feeling is caused by baby head pushing down, but by now i felt very uncomfortable. :tsad:

12.45pm - Nurse came to check my cervix again, she's so rough and is so painful, causing me to cry. :we2arghh:Only open another 1cm, now 5cm.

1.05pm-Nurse says with jab, cervix will open faster, thus took the jab on the buttock, slightly better after 10mins. Managed to rest for a while.

2.15pm - opened till 8cm already.

3.30pm - Nurse told me to try pushing until baby head can be seem then she will call gynae in, pushed like hell, and the effectiveness of jab is wearing out, i felt so much uncomfortable now, like having bad stomachache, felt cold suddenly, hubby wear socks for me and keeps comforting me. Keeps telling nurse that i'm exhausted but she dont't care.
Pushed about 6-7times, she finally called the gynae.

3.45pm - Gynae came in and the real pushing started, i felt she snipped my vaginal opening, pushed for 4-5 more times, finally baby is out at 4pm plus.

Had bad bleeding due placenta low, can see gynae insert gauze to stop bleeding.
Very tired already, but looking at the baby on me, all the pains were gone and felt all efforts worth.

That's my labor story, hope you enjoy it.
Hi JENNY~!!! :001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302: