Arrival of my Baby Karin

yakii

My Journey to this birth is really a long long one.....on sunday(4th Oct) water bag burst and was rush to the hospital but then i am only 33 weeks...so when reach i was given antibotic as i am GBS +ve. There isn't any contraction but when on the CTG there is contraction but i dun feel any...so they gave me some medicine and drip to stop the contraction as i am too early for labour. After 24hr in the delivery suite at KKH i am being send up to the ward.

The stay in the hopsital is really a torture to me as you know that water bag is burst and the rate of being infection to be to the baby is high and yet u cant deliver is really hard to describe. But everyday i am given antibotic to stop any infection to the baby.

Finally on 7th of Oct..after dinner there is this contraction that is so strong dispite taking the medicine to stop it. So the nurse send me down to the delivery suite again.....this time round the contraction is so strong and it happen every 6 min and last for 30 sec. The pain got so intense and stronger every 6min till when is past midnite i cant take it anymore and my gynae give the green light for me to go into labour and there come the pain relieve...EPIDURAL......was on it for coming of 14hrs...vomited 2 times and the whole body is so itchy wif the drug side effect.

Finally at 1414hr, 8th Oct..my baby karin is out weighing 2.095kg and length of 46cm. She was send to NICU cos she has some breathing difficulities and was on CPAP for 24hr and finally today 9th Oct she is breathing on her own and she is out of NICU and into special care unit to be monitor for another week and she is able to be home. I really thank GOD being very graceful and give me the strength to go on....seeing her wif the feeding tube and those plug in her tiny hand really make my heart ache...and cry...she has to go thru 2 round of blood test to test for infection as i am GBS +ve...my poor baby...hope things is going to be fine wif her.

jasobias

Congrats!!N dont worry..premature baby girls tend to do real well.Wont be long b4 u r fussing over her at home.:)
In the mean time get some rest!!All will be well

Porukadotzu

congratulation for you,

don't worry much, baby Karin will be just fine and have a strong will to be with mommy at home =)

take care yourself ok!

-jOanna

Congrats mummy.. Dun worry baby Karin will be going home soon :) It's really a torture to go thru so many days of labour..

yakii

Thanks everyone....really hope that she can be in my arm real soon...today went to see her at the special care nursery..she is drinking 20ml of milk every 3hrs....but her jaundice level is up to 184 and have to be in the ultra light. Hope GOD will bless her and give her the strength to go on strong and healthy.

aIDa81

Congrats Mummy.. dont worry.. now get some rest and sleeep well.. she is coming home soon.. and no more 8hrs beauty sleep liaozz..

yakii

Thanks everyone....Karin is back home but her Jaundice is still on the not acceptable level so got to go back to KKH every now and then for her blood test.