Arrival of Our Little Princess Ariel

Ocean

Fri, 19th March 2010 – I went for my routine check in the morning. Everything was fine with the baby and my gynae told me that my cervix has dilated and my baby should be ready to come to this world in 4-5 days.

Sat, 20th March 2010 – Sun, 21st March 2010 – We spent the whole weekend doing the housework to prepare for our new member. We washed baby’s clothing, setup her cot and confinement lady’s bedroom as well.

Mon, 22nd March 2010 – As usual I went for a morning walk. After I back home, I discovered some brownish/reddish discharge. At 9pm+, I felt gush of discharge, went to toilet again and saw obvious pink stain again. Then I called Dr. Ang immediately. He asked me to see him at his clinic the next early morning.

Tue, 23rd March 2010 – I went to the clinic in the early morning and was informed that my cervix has dilated for 1cm. Doctor has detected some contraction while I didn’t feel of it at all. Dr. Ang gave me some pills to against the contraction and instructed me to go back and see him again the next early morning.

Wed, 24th March 2010 – At Dr. Ang’s clinic again and he told me that my cervix has dilated for 2cm and instructed me to stop taking the anti-contraction pills. After came back from Dr. Ang’s clinic, I started having something like menses cramps and backache. (Tips: At the early stage when contraction started, you can put a hot pack onto your back. I found it helps. It releases a lot pains.)

At around 5.30pm, Dr. Ang called me checked on my status then he suggested me to go to Thomson Medical Center after 10.30pm and he would see me there. We reached the hospital at 10.45pm, at the registration counter, When we reached our ward, we still managed to take some photos for ourselves before baby pops. haha..

Thu, 25th March 2010
8AM – I was sent to observation room, was asked to change into the gown and strap to CTG machine.
9AM - Dr Ang came and burst my waterbag. I could feel the fluid gushed out. My cervix was still dilated at 2cm. Then a nurse put one drip on to induce me.
11AM - The contraction became more intense and I was 4cm dilated. Then I was sent to the delivery ward. I was put on the laughing gas. I didn’t opt for epidural as I wanted to see how well my threshold of pain is. CC was at my bed side kept telling me how to relax and breathe, so in order not to waste my energy.
12PM - Dr Ang came and checked on me and I was informed that I still remained at 4cm dilation. He assumes I will take another 2-3 hours to fully dilation
1PM - The real pain starts to set in. I quickly used the laughing gas. Inhale so much that I felt so giddy and weak.
3PM – Suddenly I got the urge to push but kept restraining myself to avoid unnecessary tear. Finally a nurse came and announced that I was 10cm dilated. so they said I am ready to give birth. The nurse removed my laughing gas and I saw Dr. Ang and 4 midwives together with CC at my bedside.
3.51PM - “Keep pushing” shouted by Dr. Ang and all nurses and CC. I was too weak to push. I think my hubby pushed me more than I pushed. Luckily after 6 pushes, Ariel was born. Dr. Ang put baby on my tummy. CC cut the baby’s cord. Our little darling greeted us with her eyes opened. I felt surreal that this little one who has been in my tummy for 9 months was now right in front of me. All those pains are worth the wait as I hold this miracle of life in my chest. Throughout her time at warmer, she was rather alert. She was 2.58kg, 49cm in height and 34cm for head circ.After stitching up, I was sent back to my ward together with my Ariel

Sat, 27th March 2010 – Ariel and I were discharged from Hospital after two nights of stay.

You can view her photos at my blog at www.carol-chan.com

angelwendy

Wow... strong mama... no epi... !!!! i tht i can tahan.. but too bad in the end i give in to epi... congrats..:Dancing_wub:

aIDa81

congrats mummy wahhh 4 midwives .. like pasar already..:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:
pls share tmc hospital bills if u can yah thanks in advance!!

yann

Fri, 19th March 2010 – I went for my routine check in the morning. Everything was fine with the baby and my gynae told me that my cervix has dilated and my baby should be ready to come to this world in 4-5 days.

Sat, 20th March 2010 – Sun, 21st March 2010 – We spent the whole weekend doing the housework to prepare for our new member. We washed baby’s clothing, setup her cot and confinement lady’s bedroom as well.

Mon, 22nd March 2010 – As usual I went for a morning walk. After I back home, I discovered some brownish/reddish discharge. At 9pm+, I felt gush of discharge, went to toilet again and saw obvious pink stain again. Then I called Dr. Ang immediately. He asked me to see him at his clinic the next early morning.

Tue, 23rd March 2010 – I went to the clinic in the early morning and was informed that my cervix has dilated for 1cm. Doctor has detected some contraction while I didn’t feel of it at all. Dr. Ang gave me some pills to against the contraction and instructed me to go back and see him again the next early morning.

Wed, 24th March 2010 – At Dr. Ang’s clinic again and he told me that my cervix has dilated for 2cm and instructed me to stop taking the anti-contraction pills. After came back from Dr. Ang’s clinic, I started having something like menses cramps and backache. (Tips: At the early stage when contraction started, you can put a hot pack onto your back. I found it helps. It releases a lot pains.)

At around 5.30pm, Dr. Ang called me checked on my status then he suggested me to go to Thomson Medical Center after 10.30pm and he would see me there. We reached the hospital at 10.45pm, at the registration counter, When we reached our ward, we still managed to take some photos for ourselves before baby pops. haha..

Thu, 25th March 2010
8AM – I was sent to observation room, was asked to change into the gown and strap to CTG machine.
9AM - Dr Ang came and burst my waterbag. I could feel the fluid gushed out. My cervix was still dilated at 2cm. Then a nurse put one drip on to induce me.
11AM - The contraction became more intense and I was 4cm dilated. Then I was sent to the delivery ward. I was put on the laughing gas. I didn’t opt for epidural as I wanted to see how well my threshold of pain is. CC was at my bed side kept telling me how to relax and breathe, so in order not to waste my energy.
12PM - Dr Ang came and checked on me and I was informed that I still remained at 4cm dilation. He assumes I will take another 2-3 hours to fully dilation
1PM - The real pain starts to set in. I quickly used the laughing gas. Inhale so much that I felt so giddy and weak.
3PM – Suddenly I got the urge to push but kept restraining myself to avoid unnecessary tear. Finally a nurse came and announced that I was 10cm dilated. so they said I am ready to give birth. The nurse removed my laughing gas and I saw Dr. Ang and 4 midwives together with CC at my bedside.
3.51PM - “Keep pushing” shouted by Dr. Ang and all nurses and CC. I was too weak to push. I think my hubby pushed me more than I pushed. Luckily after 6 pushes, Ariel was born. Dr. Ang put baby on my tummy. CC cut the baby’s cord. Our little darling greeted us with her eyes opened. I felt surreal that this little one who has been in my tummy for 9 months was now right in front of me. All those pains are worth the wait as I hold this miracle of life in my chest. Throughout her time at warmer, she was rather alert. She was 2.58kg, 49cm in height and 34cm for head circ.After stitching up, I was sent back to my ward together with my Ariel

Sat, 27th March 2010 – Ariel and I were discharged from Hospital after two nights of stay.

Hi ocean,
congtrs to you.have a good rest to your confinement.

Ocean

Thank you for all your wishes here.

My hospital bill (incl baby's) was $580+ cash after deducted medisave ($642.91 + $2600).

P.S. Becos of my gynae, I got free upgraded from 4-bed room to 2-bed room.

ling.er

Thu, 25th March 2010

Wooo no epi... good job mummy ^^ rest well