Arrogant maid disregard instruction

jaybaobei

yesterday eveing i hv severe arguement with my maid. since then she hv been showing black face to me & my 20mths old babies. currently my gal is in the learning stage to talk. she is able to pronounce words correctly. i did told my maid to speak english to them in order to let them learn english and dun talk malay to them. she ack'd. but yesterday evening i heard her saying a javanese word and my gal also pronuonuce correctly. i was vy angry and asked her why she disregarded my instruction. that is when we hv the arguement.

conversation as below:
me: i thought i told u to speak eng to them
maid: i wrong to speak malay meh
me: i want them to learn eng & not malay
maid: i am malay of cos i speak malay. sometimes mdm also say "makan"
me: i say the word "makan" is when talking to u and not to the babies
maid: wrong to speak malay meh
me: when mdm employ me already know i'm malay what...(show mw her arrogant face)
maid: i know u r malay but i also know u r ex-s'pore. u know english, thats why i employ u.
she walked away....

today she showed black face to me. when my babies cry or smile at her, she still showed black face. frankly speaking, she always hv a black face even when she is ok. she doesn't hv any interaction with my babies. she is like a blockhead. vy sian to face her like tat...afraid she might influence my babies...hv black face...

hpc

When u first want to employ a indo maid ,must be prepare she will speak their language more than English.Don't ever think she will speak proper n right prouncation.If they can ,she won't be in S'pore.Sent her back to indo,let her eat shit,change a filipno,she can speaks better n can get along better with baby or older.

jaybaobei

When u first want to employ a indo maid ,must be prepare she will speak their language more than English.Don't ever think she will speak proper n right prouncation.If they can ,she won't be in S'pore.Sent her back to indo,let her eat shit,change a filipno,she can speaks better n can get along better with baby or older.
i can understand that they will speak their own language more than eng but i thought only to other indo maids.
to my babies, usually she will speak eng to them. bcos she is a ex-spore, hence her english is above average. her prouncation may not be that accurate but can communicate good english. she can even understand chinese and teochew language.
of cos i dun expect her to speak bombastic eng to my babies but at least speak simple & basic eng.

kathtan

Don't get so upset. Remember we still need them to help us look after our kids. I have a pair of twins at home, also 20 mths, like you. Many years back, my oldest boy, now 9yrs, was looked after by an Indo maid. He picked up malay words like lobang, tidor(sleep), susu from the maid. Once the maid left after 2 yrs contract, my boy was who 2 yrs old then, slowly forgot the words. I guess take it as they have learnt 3rd language for a while.

hpc

X-s'pore nowonder,she think she is experience so if u don't her she can easily get another employer.All these maids are 'jin' already.My advise is not to leave ur baby with her,don't know weather she will split saliva into her food or not.My friend have this experience too,she was so mad with her maid when the maid talk back to her,arrogrant,disregard instructions.So she install a cctv after quarrel.Shock of her life,she saw maid split saliva ,dig nose 'black thing' mixed inside baby food for her baby 2 eat.If u are comfortable with her please change her before any misfortune befall.Guan Yim Ma bless ...........

MsKoh1973

ya lor, if u dun like the maid, dun keep her, better sent her back lah, dun be scare of trouble or becos of the $, cos in d end, the one who suffer would be u.

actually is quite common for slip of tongue, after all, is their basic language, sometimes also not easy for them to come tat far to work. Just like we work, we also complaint alot about our employer, same theory. Must see open lah.

I do noe of a fren, who throw 3 kids to the maid, plus housewk etc. one day must mop floor twice, cook, look after the kids when they do homework. One of them is a bb. Actually I find it quite selfish of her, d maid salary is like only $400, yet need to do so many things. For me, if its things that I can't do myself, I will never expect the maid to do. Cos if really something happen, who bear the consequences but me.

My maid only take care of household chores, my kids all go childcare. If they are sick, at least one of d adult will stay at home to supervise.

hpc

Yes don't expect a maid to do all the house chores+take care kids+cooking+fetching children to n fro schools.Maid is also human being,work load is too much.Sometimes we must give in and take.Getting a maid is to lessen our work load n not push all to maid,she is not a robot ok?Don't over trust maid too,thinking they are honest.They could do many things behind u,eg selling away ur valuable items,steal money without u knowing(little by little).Till end of contract ,send her back then realised lost many things.

jasobias

I guess u will have to give and take.Learning more languages is not a bad thing.She could speak malay to the kids while you can re enforce your english .Kids pick up languages easily .Its an advantage to be multi lingual.
She probably got upset tht u were belittling her spoken tongue(ie it not being gd enough for the kids to learn)
Just take things easy

eurekas

Alpha Male
Why not send her back and get a new one ?
I believe your blood pressure will increase if she stills stay with you.