Art lesson for 10 yrs above

milkart

Hi Hi!

You must be wondering there're plenty of art classes out there, which one is good? For myself, a few things that I'll look out for.
First, the teacher. The school may be branded or not, but try to have a few words with the teacher first and let your mother instinct decide.
Next have a look at the curriculum, what is the class teaching? For your child's age she/he should be involve in more techniques (toning, perscpective etc) and exposing him/her to different materials (oil pastels, acrylic, clay,etc) not just one material (example only crayon).

Here are some suggestions/recommendations:
NAFA ( Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts ) Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts - Different Talents, Unique Individuals

or you can take a look at my blog: Milk Art @ Janice's Class

Hope I have been of help.
Cheers

looling

Hi,

You can try The Amazing Art Shuttle at Dhoby Ghaut, Singapore Shopping Centre, #04-08.

Here is the June Holidays Art Workshops:

The Amazing Art Shuttle - June Holiday Art Workshops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshop 1: ART LESSONS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Price: $120/-
Time & Date: Every Monday & Thursday, 1.00pm to 2.30pm
(For Kindergarten 1 - Primary 6)
Visit The Amazing Art Shuttle | Facebook

Workshop 2: FUN WITH CLAY
Price: $260/-
Time & Date: Every Wednesday & Friday, 3.00pm to 4.30pm
(For Primary 1 - Primary 6)

Workshop 3: ECO ADVENTURE
Price: $220/-
Time & Date: Every Monday & Thursday, 3.00pm to 4.30pm
(For Kindergarten 1 - Primary 6)

For more information please contact Miss Lena Lok at 90289033.

faiths

i thought i will share my very good experience with an art teacher whom i send my children to. she is very intellectual and does power teaching with children. Her teaching plans are very interesting and most of all, she is very up to date with teaching materials as she is a lecturer in fine arts. I am sorry i cant post her contacts up here even though it will be much easier for mummies here, but you can contact me at faith.situ@yahoo.com to contact her for more information.

slimmom

How much does she charge? May I know where is the shop? I used to send mine to Global Arts but disappointed with the pace. Week after week doing the same thing

coffeequeen

Hi, I know of 2 art teachers who are qualified and have very good knowledge on children's development in art. They were teaching my children in their primary school, and my kids love their art lessons. I'm very impressed with what they did during their art lessons too.

I've spoke to them briefly about offering private art lessons because I'm thinking of getting my girl to build an art portfolio for DSA to sec schools. They say they will get back to me soon. :)

Will post up more details once I hear from them. Erm, but I think they only accept children 10 yrs old and above only.