Assessment Book

STAR

Dear mummies,

i would like to get Maths n English assessment books for my kid who is

in P3. Can mummies pls recomend some? Cos sometimes, books that i get have lots of printing error. And also dunno which is good? :embarrassed: Thanks in

advance !

KittyBin

For maths, my son's school is using "My Pals Are Here! by Dr Fong Ho Kheong , etc,by Marshall Cavendish"
So I will buy "Shaping maths, Maths Builders by Agatha Goh, by Marshall Cavendish".
This guarantees that the inside contents follow the syllabus closely and less likely to have mistakes since it is another workbook used by other schools.

Also, you can try assessment books by other publishers like EPH, Shinglee, Casco etc. Authors like Andrew Er, FAN Learning (i-excel Learning for maths)

There are many types of books under each publisher from Normal Routine, Challenging, Higher Order, IQ maths etc. You can choose books from these publishers based on what your child needs. However, such books are selling like $6 - $15.

General guide is that assessment books that are clearing on the shelves (like selling off at $2 or less) could be due to stock clearance or that edition having some problems like solution or printing errors etc.

For online assessment books, you can try Onsponge Maths
onSponge.com - Right Time to start Math Tuition? - answers@onSponge.
Someone recommended to me, but I have not bought any so far.