At what age did your child start walking?

zenmoonflower

My 14 month old boy started walking a couple of weeks ago. He still holds his arms out in front of him for balance sometimes, but he can walk quite fast and far at home. Outside, I haven't let him try walking much because I also have a stroller to watch over.

Both my daughters started walking unassisted at 11 mths... but they do say that girls develop faster than boys. My youngest is now 12 mths and is walking really really fast. I let her loose when in a not so crowded shopping centre. I just push the pram along with her. She loves to pop her head in every shop she passes by. she also dances when she hears music she likes and is deliriously happy when she sees her own reflection in shopping centre mirrors. She is very much like her older sister.

zenmoonflower

mamapenguin, your younger daughter sounds adorable! I can't wait 'til my son starts talking - I'm sure he'll have lots of interesting things to say. When he sees his reflection - in the lift door, in our glass sliding doors at home or in the mirror (at home, too), he likes to shake his head vigorously from side to side, like he's saying "no". That's one of the first (maybe the first) actions he imitated from us, and now, even when I say, "Yes", he'll start shaking his head. He's a hoot! :001_302:

Both my daughters started walking unassisted at 11 mths... but they do say that girls develop faster than boys. My youngest is now 12 mths and is walking really really fast. I let her loose when in a not so crowded shopping centre. I just push the pram along with her. She loves to pop her head in every shop she passes by. she also dances when she hears music she likes and is deliriously happy when she sees her own reflection in shopping centre mirrors. She is very much like her older sister.

Last edited: