Avent blender & steamer

Harmy

Does anyone have this? Is it worth $199, I'm thinking of getting it just wanted to hear some reviews.

sufeit0115

Does anyone have this? Is it worth $199, I'm thinking of getting it just wanted to hear some reviews.
My friend lend it to me...personally i don't find it worth the money cos below $199 u can get better/stronger blender.

Pros: Convenient, just steam and turn upside down to blend. Also easy to wash.

Cons: The blender is not strong enough to process huge amount of food at one time. Also it cannot grind grain.

Normally i'll make at least 2-week supply of purees and store in freezer, i find the container a bit too small to steam and blend. But it's up to your usage pattern.

Harmy

kiddy palace having 20% off now so it will be 160? i dont make large amounts i will make the food daily.

sufeit0115

cannot grind grain meaning rice?
yes cannot grind grains like rice cos the blades are small and i think the manual stated that. I used my other normal blender to grind rice to make smooth porridge....:001_302:

Last edited:
This product has got what I feel a major flaw. I dunno how to explain it, but let me describe it to my bEst. See if you know what I'm talking about, then you decide if it is worth the $199.

Here is what I encounter:

Say, I wanna steam 100g of pumpkin. I add 150ml of water into the spout by the side. After some time, the water evaporated and the steamer Auto turns off. But I check and the pumpkin is not cooked yet. So I add another 50 or 100ml of water through the spout. Continue steaming. This time it's cooked. But when you turn over the container, there's alot of water inside the steamer. If you blend, the purée will be too watery. If you pour out the excess water, what do you do with it? Discard? But there's where the nutrients are suppose to be right?

The thing about this steamer is that if you don't add more water, it won't turn on to steam. But if you add more water, the end result will have more water too. So how? That's what makes me irritAted and I end up drinking the extra water cos it's a waste to discard the nutrients.

If I knew this I definitely won't buy it. You won't get such a problem if you are doing conventional steaming. What a regret.

Wonders if the BEABA steamer have got this problem too.

Last edited:

meiteoh

The BEABA, IMHO, doesn't have this problem because 1) the steaming unit is separate from the cooking unit and 2) it comes with a removeable steaming basket so you can easily remove food items from the water. Also, Beaba steaming unit itself (the jug) comes with measurements for water levels and so far, I find that they are quite accurate. This is provided that you cube all food items, especially roots and tubers into reasonable sizes.

Perhaps when you want to pour out the excess water, you can use a strainer to catch the food items while you pour it into a container. The water can be kept and used in other stuff like porridge or make into the puree if you find that it's too thick.

Last edited: