Babies sleep on pillow wlll have flat square head????

Prune

Alpha Male
Friend said babies cannot sleep on pillow, if they lie on the bed soon their back head there will be flat?!!!! I looked at my baby seems flat leh!!! How? She said must sleep Yaolan, true or not???

megtan

Hi,
My son never sleep yaolan, only on bed since birth. Yes, one side of his head was a little flat when young, but subsequently ok already (can't remember since when became ok, he's now 18 mth). Maybe you can adjust his head while he's sleeping.

If pillow make bb head flat, both bed and yao lan Also will flat wad. Cos it's flat surface. Lol, my bb slp pillow since birth , worry flat? U change her position every now and then lor. Side ways, normal, then always rub her head, it's ok one la, my bb doesn't seems to have flat head ley, I think 90% of us has flat head behind, u touch yr back head. Lol but got hair oso can't Tell!! Unless that person go touch yr head.

A baby's head will be flat if you let them sleep in one side so its better to adjust it left and right so they wont get flat head.

And yes they can have flat head on pillows so better alternate the head once in a while

marshmallows

Flat head is very common in babies and nothing to worry about. My boy got lop-sided head when he was about 1 month old cos he always sleep with his head turned to the right. His pediatrician said it's normal cos their skull is still soft and not fused together yet, and young babies spend alot of time lying down / sleeping. Once babies get more mobile ie. tummy time, sitting up, standing etc, the head should 'round out' itself. True enough my boy's head is now round round already. But I did make an effort to move his head to his left when I could. Nowadays he can sleep on his side himself (both sides also can), so I needn't bother which side he sleeps on already :)

you can also try getting a donut pillow, those pillow with a hole in the middle. Heard those are not bad but some Internet sources advise that babies under 2 years old do not need to sleep on any pillow. So it's up to you :)

ast0212

Lots of tummy time can help. I don't know about pillows and flat heads though, since it's recommended by SIDS not to give pillows to babies in cots...so just to be safe my 15 month old still does not sleep with a pillow.

My son used to have flat spot from sleeping on his back, until he started rolling over at 6 months and slept on his tummy then it evened out and is round now.