Baby Auni Harisa is here to say hello to everyone...

haffa

Hi everyone...after a very long 20hr labour, i finally safely delivered my baby baby girl on the 26th November, Normal with epidural. Here's what happened during the long labour.

25/11
8am : Realised there was brown discharge. Called the clinic and was advised by the nurse to monitor and see if there's contractions.

26/11
12am : Felt sharp pain around tummy area. Being first time mummy, absolutely clueless and didn't know whether that was contractions. Tried to sleep but kept feeling the pain. Told hubby abt it and he decided to time the pain. And the pain came every 5 minutes. So straightaway took hospital bag and drove to Thomson.

2am : Reached Thomson. Registered at Level 2 and told the nurse abt the contractions. Told to change and went to the observation room. Nurse strapped me to the CTG machine. Later found out that i am having real contractions. So nurse told hubby to do the registration for admission. Nurse checked and i was only 0.5cm dilated. She told me,"First baby, 1cm will take 1 hr." I was like...huh..muz wait so long.

4am : My gynae came to check on me and i was only 1cm dilated. She asked me whether i can tolerate the pain and i confidently said yes.

8am : Gynae came again. I was only 2cm dilated. So she said if we want to speed up the process, she will have to burst the water bag and induce me. I agreed coz juz wanted to see my baby as soon as possible. She asked me whether i need epidural..and i said nolah can still take the pain..

11am : Nurse checked and i was only 4cm dilated. And the increased the induce thingy and the pain started to become unbearable. I was squeezing my hubby's hands and crying. i told him to call the nurse coz i want the epidural now.

11.30am : Doctor came and gave me epidural. After that I felt no pain. It was really amazing. Then the waiting game begins.

5pm : I was pushed to the delivery room. Nurse checked and i was only 6cm dilated. Wahh...really taking such a long time. in the deliver room i was shivering coz of the epidural.

10pm : Finally, 10cm dilated. Nurse taught me how to push. So we tried out a few pushes.

11pm : Gynae came in. Did a few pushes and by 11.11pm, baby Auni Harisa is out...finally!

It was a very long labour...but after looking at my baby..it was definitely worth it. And yes...Epidural should be called Happydural coz it is amazing!

Attachments

EnFlor

haha, Happydural, i like that term :001_302:

Congrats to u for the arrival of pretty bb Auni. Love reading delivery accounts. Hope u have a speedy recovery and enjoy motherhood from this time on.

haffa

haha, Happydural, i like that term :001_302:

Congrats to you for the arrival of pretty baby Auni. Love reading delivery accounts. Hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy motherhood from this time on.

Thanks EnFlor! :)

shinexuan

Congrats Haffa mummy! Even tho baby closed her eyes, but i think her eyes must be real BIG and nice! She's adorable! and you are brave!! :biggrin:

Happy motherhood!

haffa

Congrats Haffa mummy! Even tho baby closed her eyes, but i think her eyes must be real BIG and nice! She's adorable! and you are brave!! :biggrin:

Happy motherhood!

Thanks dear...it'll be ur turn soon rite? All the best yeah! :)

TANZHENZHI

Mummy Haffa,

Congrats to your NB baby princess. She so adorable. The long wait is worth it haha.. Happydural.. haha nice name i like haha...:tlaugh:

Feliz

Congrats to u again haffa..Ur bb look so lovely.. Rest well dear!.. Epidural was indeed a great help uh.. hehehehe..
:001_302: