Baby Carriers

sophiang

Hi, I'm fairly new to this Forum. I'm granny to a year old boy. He's getting heavier n bigger so I need to purchase a baby carrier. There's so many in markets and quite expensive. Could someone share which is good for baby n for me. Is there anyone who's selling also?

Thanks

sophiang

Hi
Heard of Baby Bjorn. I understand from a friend that carrying baby for long period of time is very tiring for shoulders and back. Do you experience that? Recently heard a lot about Beco, Ergo and Pikkolo. Wonder anybody using that and what's their feedback. However, heard that it's pretty expensive too!

autumn82

Hi
Heard of Baby Bjorn. I understand from a friend that carrying baby for long period of time is very tiring for shoulders and back. Do you experience that? Recently heard a lot about Beco, Ergo and Pikkolo. Wonder anybody using that and what's their feedback. However, heard that it's pretty expensive too!
Well, I feel that no matter what brands of carrier, if u going to use it for the whole day straight, will be tiring for u. :p

I'm using Baby Bjorn's Synergy since Iggy was 1mth old until now. It spreads the weight evenly coz of it back support and its' pretty cooling too. Of coz lightweight as well! For myself, it was a good buy. :001_302:

diymummy

Yes, when I carry for long periods, it's very tiring and I will get backache if I carry for too long... It gets worse as he gets bigger. So I prefer to use stroller.

sophiang

Hi diymummy

Yes, that's what I heard that as baby gets bigger the weight will be on your shoulder and back. A friend of mine has Ergo and she told me that she can now carry baby to do housework without suffering from backache and tiring shoulder. She told me to ask around about Beco and Pikkolo too cos she heard that they are good too.

jasobias

i'm using a baby bjourn. i like it because i can spread the weight across 2 shoulders.
Hey diymummy,
how do utake ur baby out of it or put him in the carrier?i am using baby bjorn too but still very awkward in using it as my 2 sons never sat in any carrier.Was using a sling for my baby now but she is getting so heavy n the weight is on one shoulder only so cannot tahan anymore.
She is now 2.5 months.

diymummy

Hi Jasobias, I will "wear" the baby bjorn first... Then clip the bottom part for her to sit. I will carry her up and slip her into the bjorn. After the I will lean backwards slightly so that she is like lying on me then I'll clip the top part of the bjorn. Hmmm... not sure if my explanation is clear.. Hehe...

There was once when I let her lie on the bjorn on her bed.. Then I bent my entire torso forward and did the clipping up of the bjorn. :)

autumn82

Hey diymummy,
how do utake your baby out of it or put him in the carrier?i am using baby bjorn too but still very awkward in using it as my 2 sons never sat in any carrier.Was using a sling for my baby now but she is getting so heavy and the weight is on one shoulder only so cannot tahan anymore.
She is now 2.5 months.
For myself, I will put on the carrier, then carry Iggy to my chest and lie backwards alittle, 1 hand hold his bod/butt, the other hand to clip both sides and voila! :p

Here's a video of how to wear it.. :)

YouTube - How to Wear a Baby Bjorn, Dude

sophiang

Been checking around and went into a forum where people were sharing about Baby Carriers. It seems that Beco is the favourite. They can carry babies for long hours without feeling backache and shoulder pain cos the weight is on the hip. It's also comfy and good for baby back. Pikkolo is just as good and can be used for front carry. Anybody selling Pikkolo carriers?
Pls pm me cos I'm interested. BN or excellent condition.

ahjes

Hi, I am a Ergo user, have been using ergo when my son turns 6 mths and he is 16 mths now and still using it. Ergo is good as the weight is been divided to our hips thats y u dont feel much of the weight.

But for me i originally already expiring backaches before i was pregnant so now for long hrs of usage, i will feel some backaches thou.

serenelm

i also heard from my friend that ergo baby carrier is good cos weight is spread across the hip so you dont get the shoulder ache as you tend to with baby bjorn... but having said that, i'm still pleased with my baby bjorn synergy for time being :)

my fren had provided me wif the following links when i was considering which baby carrier to use... u can click on the links below for more info on the carriers' benefits/features...

http://www.theportablebaby.com/pikkolo.html

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

Last edited:

sophiang

Hi

Thanks for the link. It is exactly what I wanted for my grandson. But wow! it's pretty expensive! Wonder whether There would be anyone selling at a cheaper price.

Mummy to Baby V

My baby and I love our Beco carrier:
Baby sits in the carrier instead of dangle by the crotch, healthier for the spine.
Weight is distributed to the waist, so I can carry the 10kg boy with more ease.
He feels lighter when carried at the back; I can do some housework this way.

We have reviewed the carrier at Beco Mummy's Reviews

This shop sells a huge range of baby carriers: Baby Slings & Carriers-Patapum,Pikkolo,Mei Tai,Baby Wrap,Pouch Sling

perrier

i'm using Beco too. Baby is about 9kg now.
Weight distributed to waist and shoulders so the shoulders won't feel so tired.

golimama

I love the Carry-B too! Don't feel tired when I carry my 12 kg daughter :)
I also like the design because my daughter is quite active, wriggly and tends to arch her back a lot. When I used the Beco, because of the design, my daughter's hands are above the shoulder straps, so when she keeps arching backwards, it is quite dangerous for both of us! Carry-B's design places my daughter's hands below the shoulder straps, but still have a big open view at the sides. So my daughter is much more secure and yet can have full access to the surrounding view :)

After reading the review from mommies here and the online link.... m thinking to get another carrier...currently we have one but usually its my hubby who will carry one of the boys and the other one in stroller... coz i have bad backache during preggie and after birth still there.

wanted to get one so that both hubby and me can carry one each during our outing..

Anyone has a good condition preloved Carry-B or Ergo to let go.... pls pm me..

fctjones

I think better you go for a brand new Carry-B rather than a preloved Ergo. It works out about the same in cost, but at least you get to give your twins something brand NEW :) Btw, is that your twins in the picture? They look so cute!

woofy55

current am using the sling, i am also considering getting a baby carrier cos Louis is getting heavier now.. and thinking of getting daddy to have a chance to babywear him as well (so i won't be so shack) :p And seeing the designs available.. i think will consider getting either babybjorn or Beco.. hehe.. Anyone letting go? :)