Baby Cot - Nursery

jojoki

Anyone can recommend me a good baby cot and mattress? I am eyeing this mothercare bedside cot and their cool max mattress,, but soooooo expensive!! anyone can share their cot buying experience with me?

veronica

I think generally all cot are the same right?? The difference probably if you want a nice looking ones or standard style.

For mattress, I use playsafe. Its damn heavy but was told its better than those normal ones that is selling for $50 plus.

autumn82

Erm.. ya mothercare baby cots r really pretty. But I find them alittle too small once ur bb grows up. Prob can try & look ard for other shops for pretty cots but not tt ex & can sleep until ur bb become toddler. :)

Ya Mothercare cots are pretty but just too expensive I think. Besides, lots of my parent friends told me some babies refuse to sleep in cot so not to spend too much on one. I ended up buying my cot at the Takashimaya baby fair. Paid $359 & they changed the mattress to Fibrelux bcoz of the fair. Quite alright I think. Rocio by Bonbebe 4 in 1 cot bed made of russian pine in natural finishing. Think they still selling the cot at the baby's department in taka.

January84

Anyone can recommend me a good baby cot and mattress? I am eyeing this mothercare bedside cot and their cool max mattress,, but soooooo expensive!! anyone can share their cot buying experience with me?
i bot mine at the baby hypermart. $299 with mattress and a set of mattress cover free. (year 2007)

Free delivery with installation.

jojoki

actually i'm looking for bedside cot cos i like the fact that its like a little extension of my own bed without having to worry i will roll over my baby... (yes I am VERY likely to do that if she sleeps on the same bed with me) but cant seem to find anywhere else selling bedside cot.....

Bedside cot - Beech finish : mothercare

mooners

actually i'm looking for bedside cot cos i like the fact that its like a little extension of my own bed without having to worry i will roll over my baby... (yes I am VERY likely to do that if she sleeps on the same bed with me) but cant seem to find anywhere else selling bedside cot.....

Bedside cot - Beech finish : mothercare
:tlaugh:Hi, I'm having the same problem as you in Feb'08. They are right. bedside cot from mothercare is too expensive and small. It will not last long as soon as your baby start to turn. I actually bought a single bed which is about the same height (incl. mattress) to my bed. Place it beside my bed and i can easily access to him and watch him. I place a bloster in between us, so i don't roll over him. What do you think of that?

autumn82

Hi jojoki,

I agree wif mooners abt the size as mentioned earlier. I saw the bb cot u're eyeing oredi. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, any bb cots that can have the bedrails down can be placed next to ur bed.

U can find such bb cots at kiddy place @ half the price of wat Mothercare is selling and bigger. For myself, I bought my baby cot at Ikea for my DD since birth until now passed on to DS. The baby cot can even be converted to a toddler bed. :) Can't rem how much but less than $200, including matteress.

Try looking ard.. Heard from my fren, the shops at IMM sells too.. Like January84 recommend, Baby Hypermart also got alot of varieties.. Happy shopping!! :)

January84

most cots have adjustable bedrails.

Mine have and can locked the wheels too, also, it can be converted to a toddler bed.

if u want to by at kiddy palace, apply for the kiddy palace card for a futher 10% discount.

jojoki

yes not a bad idea to get another bed just that my small little room cant fit another bed... but i din know that normal cots can remove side rails... maybe i'll do that!!:001_302: wheres this baby hypermarts located? many thanks!

autumn82

yes not a bad idea to get another bed just that my small little room cant fit another bed... but i din know that normal cots can remove side rails... maybe i'll do that!!:001_302: wheres this baby hypermarts located? many thanks!

Baby's Hyperstore. Add: 69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Industrial Park

estherlin

hey i got 1 cot at kiddy palace, around 120+, with mattress but the mattress not good, too soft. Cot is oki, but i only used it when my boy is olreadi 10mths. Is very useful coz if no 1 look after can put him in for awhile. i shop at baby hyperstore at Ubi Ave, is a warehouse can go and take a look. And the mattress i bought at a furnitures shop at hougang, as long is not too soft. :Dancing_tongue:Seahorse brand mattress is good too, when i put my boy slp on the floor during naps. cheap and worthy