Baby Diapers?

newmum80

The modern cloth diapers can be washed together with baby clothes. Every day, I do a load of laundry consisting of cloth diapers, baby clothes and adult home clothes. If washing machine has pre-wash function. then use it to pre-wash once to dilute the urine. If not, just rinse the diaper inserts once in a pail of water (re-use water to flush toilet).

They are gentle on baby's skin (no harmful chemicals), very absorbent and save a lot of money, so many grannies are supportive (my mum & my friends' mums/MILs).

My boy is a heavy-wetter and at 7 months old, Mamy Poko has to be changed up to twice a night!!! (We tried once during a hotel stay.) Only modern cloth diapers with adjustable absorbency can last through 12-hours night for him.

Breastfed babies also poo many times a day (my boy: up to 11 times initially). During such period, it is actually very practical to use cloth diapers. The modern cloth diapers also hold in the 'explosive' poo very well, due to the good quality elastics.

If there is leakage, it could be due to:
- fit (too loose on baby)
- insufficient pre-washing (new diapers need to be pre-washed 3 times to reach optimal absorbency)
- detergent build-up (use 1/4-1/2 of usual amt of detergent, and rinse well, else detergent build-up would repel urine)
- use of inappropriate diaper cream (most commercial diaper cream leaves an oily residue on cloth diapers, and lead to repelling of urine.)

Feel free to read these articles:
- Why I Love Cloth Diapers |
- Save Money and Mother Earth by Cloth Diapering |
Hi Mummy to Baby V,

Which MODERN Baby diaper are u using that can hold pee up to 12 hrs and poo well too. I will like to invest more for my son esp i am definitely not stopping at 1. hehee... I do enjoyed using modern diaper but if i am bringing him out, i will def use disposable diaper.

P.S. Baby V can really poo huh, mine the most twice or thrice a day during newborn stage but most of the time he poo every morning. :)

allycat

MieVee -u washing your boy's clothes with the adults? About the CD, I actually didnt place the insert into the pocket. Not sure if the leak was caused by that...

Mummy to Baby V

Hi Mummy to Baby very,

Which MODERN Baby diaper are you using that can hold pee up to 12 hours and poo well too. I will like to invest more for my son esp i am definitely not stopping at 1. hehee... I do enjoyed using modern diaper but if i am bringing him out, i will def use disposable diaper.

P.S. Baby very can really poo huh, mine the most twice or thrice a day during newborn stage but most of the time he poo every morning. :)
Some Mums have used Moo Moo Kow for both day and night-time (Moo Moo Kow? One-Size Cloth Diapers |). You may try whether it works for your baby.

For night-time, I prefer fleece diapers as they are water-resistant yet very breathable. They may seem thick, yet my boy doesn't feel warm in them due to the breathability. One good option is reviewed at Drybees Fleece Pocket Diapers (Night-Time Diapering Solution) |

For outdoor, modern cloth diapers work well too. My boy wears them on our frequent road and air travel between Singapore & Malaysia. More comfortable, cooler and absorbent. Just bring a wet bag to keep used diapers. Examples at Log In

Modern cloth diapering is so practical & convenient that my boy has not used a disposable diapers for many months. Can save the money on educational books & toys. :)

CarolOng

My girl is using huggies (blue) in the day time & night time is huggies ultra.

Can last for 12hrs & not a prob. tried the red packaging, not bad, abt 10hrs the most. Tried using NTUC brand as it was so much cheaper. although we change her every 2-3 hrs, she still develop rashes. so we give up.

sometimes i uses drypers for her during daytime too. there was once we decided not to change her out from drypers. in the middle of the night, she calls for us & we realise that her shirt was soaked with urine.

So, no drypers for night time! =)

Mummy to Baby V

MieVee -you washing your boy's clothes with the adults? About the CD, I actually didnt place the insert into the pocket. Not sure if the leak was caused by that...
Yes, I wash my boy's clothes and diapers with husband and my home clothes/pyjamas. This ensures a full load and is more energy and water-efficient.

For work and outdoor clothes, we would wash in a separate full load.

For pocket diapers, the insert needs to go into the pocket. Reason: the material of insert is very absorbent and may be too drying for baby's skin.

New inserts also need to be washed at least 3 times to be absorbent enough. The more they are washed, the more absorbent they get. Also note, use very little detergent with no softener. :)

shiyi

:mad: purposely went to buy huggies last nite to take part in the luckydraw.. but hubby accidentally threw away the receipt! :(

allycat

New inserts also need to be washed at least 3 times to be absorbent enough. The more they are washed, the more absorbent they get. Also note, use very little detergent with no softener. :)
I've only washed the insert once before and the baby detergent which I'm using comes with softerner. So I'll have to change the detergent. What are you using?

Sheila

I'm using PUREEN(Red) n Drypers.. I find Drypers is quite big for my baby boy, he's only 6 weeks old.. And pureen is just nice.. I can his diapers very often.. As he always urine and poo separately... Like yesterday, the the wee morning i just change his diaper, then not even 5 mins, he already poo.. I think he find it not comfortable to pee n poo together.. I change his diaper when he waked up from his sleep... B4 feeding him milk..

moonity

I tried Mamy Poko before, but the poo keep leak and spread till the whole of his back! VERY messy!

Then switch to Huggies Dry Comfort, cheaper and better!
But my habit is always change my boy diapers after every milk feed!
I totally agree... Mamy Poko is really no ggod. My gal's poo can leak from front and back up till the belly... I am switching back to Drypers. Cheap and good.

ben10

Alpha Male
Tried Pampers Active is Good for Night but to last through the night, baby ben uses Drypers though the stickers is kindof irritating and might startled newborn as its quite loud especially if you're changing at nite. Now alternately switching from drypers and drypers pull-ups when ben gets decides to turn and wriggle.:001_302:

Sometimes in the morning, the drypers very heavy from ben's pee... but no leak and his skin feels dry. Very economical and good. I tried GOON and pampers but they don't hold as much at nite. Just me and ben's 2 cents.

Last edited:

CocoaBear

which diapers can last overnight? i often find myself having to change my boy diaper in the wee hour.

Just curious, how many diapers do mummies use a day?
If your boy is sleeping soundly, there should be less pee. Try drypers. Usually use 6 to 8 diapers a day, depending.

Verona's

I using huggies all the while tried all type except the blue one now using the red one , find that can last quite long unless she poo or else 10-12 hours if she is feeling ok :) I like the Japan Nepia brand , won't leak & last 6-7 hours .

Mamy poko will leak from behind , once leak need to wash her back change clothes very troublesome . For pampers i feel very unsecure when carrying her because it feel very soft after she urine like cotton wool like this ..

Nepia & huggies are my favourite ;)
But because i just change as long as i feel that it is full so as long as don't leak & feel ok for both of us i think its fine .

Mummy to Baby V

I've only washed the insert once before and the baby detergent which I'm using comes with softerner. So I'll have to change the detergent. What are you using?
Pureen H-A-D liquid detergent suits babies' sensitive skin and is cloth-diaper-friendly. Pureen H-A-D Liquid Detergent |

1 bottle lasts about 4-5 months since only very little is enough.

If you can't find it, some Mummies use TOP. Again, get the type without softener and use 1/4-1/2 of recommended amount.

mommies.. i have a question.. does those pull up pants diapers bigger in size compared to the velcro/sticky tape ones?

my boy is 4months plus and weigh 9.6kg, he's using pampers comfort and petpet or drypers(hubby don't like to spend on diapers) in XL size. but this 2 brand only have XL as the largest.. so what to get next for my boy once it's too small for him?

heard that mamy poko has bigger cutting?? which other brands have bigger cutting??

thanks

nurman02

:err:Any mummies using cloth diaper here??? As i;m still thinkin want to buy diaper for both day & nigh use or day time use cloth diaper night time use diaper.. = ="
hi, i use drypers in the day and huggies ultra at night... my doter drinks plenty of water, after much experimenting, huggies ultra holds the best at night... try experimenting (buy the small packs first)..

shiyi

mommies.. i have a question.. does those pull up pants diapers bigger in size compared to the velcro/sticky tape ones?

my boy is 4months plus and weigh 9.6kg, he's using pampers comfort and petpet or drypers(hubby dont't like to spend on diapers) in XL size. but this 2 brand only have XL as the largest.. so what to get next for my boy once it's too small for him?

heard that mamy poko has bigger cutting?? which other brands have bigger cutting??

thanks
huggies n drypers cutting small..girl cant fit into their S but can fit into mamypoko S.. u can buy one pack or mamypoko n try...

LWP6998

Alpha Male
am using mamy poko for night use,drypers for day use cos they are cheaper....
drypers tend to have leakages easily if i forget to change for more than 3hrs. have tried huggies and pampers but find mamy poko absorption better,can last more than 6hrs.
i have the exact sentiments with you. Am going to use mamy poko for night and drypers for day. Just tried on drypers a few days ago already have several leaks, guess my boy pee quite often...

I also find that the absorption rate is the best for mamy poko..