baby didnt poo for 3 days

hi, can anyone help???

my bb (6weeks+) didnt poo for 3 days, can anyone tell me what should i do? is there a way to help him to poo?:eek:10::eek:10:

Edwinie

Is he breast fed or formula fed? My son is breastfed and he didn't poo for 4 days. It's normal. His poo isn't hard either and it's still soft. Don't worry!!

To help to poo, my grandma has a unique method which she did to me as a baby. Cut a small piece of soap and insert it into his backside. It sounds like a horror story when my mum told me this... I personally don't advise. Haha!! Im just sharing ancient ways of doing and not suggesting anyone to do it.

thanks
my son is on formula and at last yesterday nite he poo liao.
but tis morning till now he keep on/off crying and nt so sure is it that his stomach nt well ... will bring him to see doctor tomolo if he still nt well

maichiang

Is he breast fed or formula fed? My son is breastfed and he didn't poo for 4 days. It's normal. His poo isn't hard either and it's still soft. Don't worry!!

To help to poo, my grandma has a unique method which she did to me as a baby. Cut a small piece of soap and insert it into his backside. It sounds like a horror story when my mum told me this... I personally don't advise. Haha!! Im just sharing ancient ways of doing and not suggesting anyone to do it.
didnt poo for 4 days??!! did he try to 'push' his BO out? like as if he's having constipation??!! my son is 5 weeks old and mine always does like he's havin constipating but he BO well..normal yellowish poo wid hints of greenish poo stains..it pains me to see him straining,grunting and sometimes cry so much thou his poo is normal,does your do that too?..and my son's stomach is always bloated!! despite taking medication to remove the gases in his stomach!!!=(

Edwinie

didnt poo for 4 days??!! did he try to 'push' his BO out? like as if he's having constipation??!! my son is 5 weeks old and mine always does like he's havin constipating but he BO well..normal yellowish poo wid hints of greenish poo stains..it pains me to see him straining,grunting and sometimes cry so much thou his poo is normal,does your do that too?..and my son's stomach is always bloated!! despite taking medication to remove the gases in his stomach!!!=(
everything was normal. he wasn't straining when he pooed the 4th day. but his poo was sticky when it's usually slightly watery. it's normal for breastfed babies not to poo often. as long as he is not in discomfort i just let him be.

maichiang

everything was normal. he wasn't straining when he pooed the 4th day. but his poo was sticky when it's usually slightly watery. it's normal for breastfed babies not to poo often. as long as he is not in discomfort i just let him be.
if mine wasnt in discomfort,wouldnt be so worrying..but he is alwayz in discomfort..almost from his 1st week onwards!=(

MsKoh1973

some milk formula abit heaty, u may want to consider changing. Last time my girl oso got constipation, so bad that every time she pass motion, we have to help her to open up and dig it out, cry so many times. Only after she turned one yo, one day I "accidentally" fed her yogurt, she became ok. Fr then on, we always give her yogurt.