Baby does not like stroller!!

esthergal

Hello mummies,

Need your advice. My baby (now 8 mths) does not like to sit in stroller so everytime we bring him out, esp when we are having meals, one of us will need to carry him around...

How to keep him sit in the stoller and at the same time he's happy? We tried to give him finger food like the heinz rusk (yellow pack) but he does not like it, I tried and indeed it tastes awful. Last time we tried Pigeon's rice biscuit he quite like it but it's quite heaty for him...

Anything else i should do?

vinder79

Put him in stroller every day bring him for his walk without carrying him.Buy stroller hanging toys $5 plus and put him there walk with him from 1/2 hr 1st day to 2 hr max(slowly increase.8 mths old should have no problem.My baby is 8 mths(2nd one)so i daily put him in it.Try heinz organic or green apple fingers.It taste better.Or u can try heinz stars they melt in the mouth.Hope his helps.

autumn82

Hello mummies,

Need your advice. My baby (now 8 mths) does not like to sit in stroller so everytime we bring him out, esp when we are having meals, one of us will need to carry him around...

How to keep him sit in the stoller and at the same time he's happy? We tried to give him finger food like the heinz rusk (yellow pack) but he does not like it, I tried and indeed it tastes awful. Last time we tried Pigeon's rice biscuit he quite like it but it's quite heaty for him...

Anything else i should do?
Your DS situation is just like Iggy when he was younger :p Coz since NB, he was in carrier so wasn't used to stroller when I change to it.

I just put him in the stroller daily, slowly increasing the time in it, push him for walks, grocery shopping, etc. At first it was horrible coz I was pushing a crying baby. :p But roughly 1-2weeks, he got used to it and the time in it got longer as day goes by.

As for meal times outside, why not let him sit in a highchair so that he can "join" u. I started Iggy on Baby Bites (carrot flavour) & Gerber's Graduates puffs.

U can also attach toys to the stroller to keep him occupied other than using food. :p

sugarcookie

I had the exact same problem when my girl was smaller. I also posted about this in the forum :001_302:

I did what autumn82 did. Placed her in the pram whenever I went out. Initially, she would scream and struggle. After a couple of weeks, she was finally ok with the pram.

esthergal

Thanks for your replies mummies.

Yea, my baby will yell and scream and cry when he's in the stroller. I did try to put him in stroller every time we go out, but he can be there for a short while only after that esp when there's food on the table or when he's sleepy, he'll start being cranky...

So like this do you all just let him cry so that slowly he'll get used to it? for me, i always carry him when he starts to cry, may be that's why he is still not ok with the pram, sigh.

Another q, does your baby guai guai fall asleep when he's outside like in a shopping mall? mine can't fall asleep, even though he's very very very tired and sleepy, he must wait until he's inside the car or when we reach home (and it must be on the big bed) then only he can fall asleep... sigghhh... i feel so tired sometimes and also know that he himself is very tired too...

any mummy has this problem? how did u deal with it?

Thanks a lot!!!

apollo

Yea, my baby will yell and scream and cry when he's in the stroller. I did try to put him in stroller every time we go out, but he can be there for a short while only after that esp when there's food on the table or when he's sleepy, he'll start being cranky...

So like this do you all just let him cry so that slowly he'll get used to it? for me, i always carry him when he starts to cry, may be that's why he is still not ok with the pram, sigh.

Another q, does your baby guai guai fall asleep when he's outside like in a shopping mall? mine can't fall asleep, even though he's very very very tired and sleepy, he must wait until he's inside the car or when we reach home (and it must be on the big bed) then only he can fall asleep... sigghhh... i feel so tired sometimes and also know that he himself is very tired too...

any mummy has this problem? how did you deal with it?

Thanks a lot!!!
i think ur boy is not used to it. for ds, he loves stroller. he will fall aslp in stroller when we go out BUT the stroller must be moving, if not he will fuss. haha! in fact sometimes at hm, he is tired and not willing to slp, we will hav to let him slp in his stroller -.-||

but recently becos of the hot weather he tend to sweat ALOT in the stroller so sometimes will cry for his daddy to carry him up.

i think he can accept stroller mainly is becos when we go shopping, he was seldom being carried by us or in the carrier. since the very 1st time we brought him out, he was being 'thrown' in the stroller :001_302:

autumn82

any mummy has this problem? how did you deal with it?

Thanks a lot!!!
Yea, I just leave Iggy in the stroller when he fussed but tell him that I need to go xxx, so please keep quiet and stay in the stroller. :tlaugh:

Initially, Iggy don't sleep in stroller, even when he's super tired. I had to put him in carrier or carry him, then when he's asleep, I'll put him in the stroller. But must be very very very careful coz he will wake up and start crying again. LOL.

But as he grew older (when he was around 1 yr old), he just don't bother, when he's tired, he just doze off in the stroller. I don't even know until I realised how come sooo quiet.. LOL.

autumn82

i think your boy is not used to it. for dear son, he loves stroller. he will fall aslp in stroller when we go out BUT the stroller must be moving, if not he will fuss. haha! in fact sometimes at hm, he is tired and not willing to sleep, we will hav to let him sleep in his stroller -.-||

but recently becos of the hot weather he tend to sweat ALOT in the stroller so sometimes will cry for his daddy to carry him up.

i think he can accept stroller mainly is becos when we go shopping, he was seldom being carried by us or in the carrier. since the very 1st time we brought him out, he was being 'thrown' in the stroller :001_302:
luVluV, you can get the cooling pad and put in the stroller, quite cooling coz stroller can get warm if sitting for too long. I bought for Iggy too.. :p

autumn82

simi cooling pad??? where got sell? hw muchie??? :001_302:
ya.. what cooling pad is that? buy from where? how does it works?
The pharmacies should sell it. It's like a big piece of pad with cooling agent inside.

I bought mine for $6+, A4 size. Just let your child lie on it, it will cool down the body. When it's warm, just turn to the other side and let them continue to lie on. :) I think it's good for those having fever or when outside during a hot day.

chrisgal

The pharmacies should sell it. It's like a big piece of pad with cooling agent inside.

I bought mine for $6+, A4 size. Just let your child lie on it, it will cool down the body. When it's warm, just turn to the other side and let them continue to lie on. :) I think it's good for those having fever or when outside during a hot day.
is it something like water pad? is it very bulky? :elvis:

autumn82

Just now i went guardian to check out the cooling pad. I find it's a bit heavy hehe...
:err: Yea, coz inside full of the cooling agent mahhh.. :001_302::001_302::001_302: But it's not to put on forehead... It's for lying down.. :p LOL. So heavy isn't a problem for me. At least Iggy won't dump it onto the floor that easily.

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: