Baby Does Not Want To Sleep At Night

yapck

Hi guys,

i have a 15 mths baby a healthy boy with a lot of energy to expel. I notice that every night he will not like to sleep and cry . I tried to make him sleep between 830 pm to 900pm after feeding plus dressing.
Despite performing all these "sleep rituals" he will not like to fall into sleep easily. On daytime, his nap is from 10am to approx. 11 am and from 230 pm to approx. 330 pm.
Few questions i would like to ask fellow parents:

1) how to encourage your baby to sleep at night ? mine basically has no problem in taking daytime nap.

Regards,
CK

pixie

My girl will be 12 months old in a few weeks.
She takes 1 and most 2 naps daily - once in the morning and the other in the afternoon and the total time duration for these 2 naps ranges from 1 hour to max. 3 hours.

So far (hopefully it continues and she has no sleeping problem) she has been good sleeping at night. Her bedtime can be anything from 9:00pm onwards and she wakes up around 7:00-7:30am. If I ignore her, she might go back to sleep for another 30-45mins until eventually we both woke up around 8am.

I am not an expert in teaching babies/infants to be a good sleeper. However, what I do is makes my girl tired; burn all her energies away. After night feed, we spend some time engaging her into some form of 'activities' such as playing balls together and let her chase after it and bring it back to us and we repeat this process. Sometimes, we play the nursery songs which she will dance along. We will also let her cruise around on a 'push-along-walker' type of toy and again let her repeat doing it a few rounds. It works for her and we get a que from my daughter when she starts to rub her eyes until they turned red.

Last edited:

yapck

My girl will be 12 months old in a few weeks.
She takes 1 and most 2 naps daily - once in the morning and the other in the afternoon and the total time duration for these 2 naps ranges from 1 hour to max. 3 hours.

So far (hopefully it continues and she has no sleeping problem) she has been good sleeping at night. Her bedtime can be anything from 9:00pm onwards and she wakes up around 7:00-7:30am. If I ignore her, she might go back to sleep for another 30-45mins until eventually we both woke up around 8am.

I am not an expert in teaching babies/infants to be a good sleeper. However, what I do is makes my girl tired; burn all her energies away. After night feed, we spend some time engaging her into some form of 'activities' such as playing balls together and let her chase after it and bring it back to us and we repeat this process. Sometimes, we play the nursery songs which she will dance along. We will also let her cruise around on a 'push-along-walker' type of toy and again let her repeat doing it a few rounds. It works for her and we get a que from my daughter when she starts to rub her eyes until they turned red.
Thanks pixie , I just realised the root of the cause, he is afraid of the dark and needs someone to sleep by his side...:) well i am glad that i got my answers ..

mummy85

My boy now 4 has alot of energh and no matter how many activites i do with him n even let him cycle long distance it still doesnt make him tired.. duno what else to do with him..