Baby doesn't burp after feed then got wind in stomach and cry

cocraze

Hi mummies,
experiencing problem as described above. My girl doesn't quite burp after most feeds, and always got wind in stomach a couple of hours later (Either she cry very badly or I pat her stomach hear got hollow sound).

I've tried various ways to alleviate her wind in stomach problem: Burping her in-between feed (when she finished about half her feed); burping in various positions; or just keeping her upright for 10-15 mins after each feed.
Maybe it's a habit, but she usually droops off to doze/sleep after her feed, even daytime feeds!

Without fail, she cries badly at about 6pm, 7pm onwards and this fussing can go on til about 9pm. Im trying to alleviate this by giving her gripe water with her last afternoon feed, and to apply ruyi oil. Sometimes, it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Worse still is, I dream feed her at about 11pm. She NEVER burps at all during this feed cos she's just so tired (maybe after the fussing from 7-9pm). End up, either she will cry from anytime between 4-6am cos got wind in stomach hurting her; or she's trying to fart, but can't.

Im not really keen on dropping the 11pm dream feed cos she's already on 5 feeds per day only, and only drinking the minimum for her weight. I feel she's still too young (she's coming to 3 months...), wanna pack in her weight first...

Any other ideas that might work?

sounds like you've tried everything lol
if baby cry non stop more than 3 hours a day, then its time to see a PD
but otherwise, colic will affect most baby till they're >3-4 months old...if mild one then kinda bo bian. if your breast feeding then there are some gas producing food which u should avoid or eat lesser. my girlie also poor thing. after some feed will cry until red tomato. maybe u can try colic massage? it helps too.

tinkerball

one useful way to curb this problem is through preventive measures. massage ur baby daily after her shower using yuyi' oil or for malays they most commonly call it 'minyak telon'. massage all over her body and not forgetting the tummy -rub in circular motions. and from the back of the neck use ur thumb to rub down all the way to the tail bone (spinal area). my boy sometimes burps when i rub his spinal even thou ive not fed him anything yet.

cocraze

give her some infacol or ridwind.
also apply some ruyi oil on her tummy.
Need to get infacol or ridwind from paed? or can just get off the shelf?

sounds like you've tried everything lol
if baby cry non stop more than 3 hours a day, then its time to see a pediatrician but otherwise, colic will affect most baby till they're >3-4 months old...if mild one then kinda bo bian. if your breast feeding then there are some gas producing food which you should avoid or eat lesser. my girlie also poor thing. after some feed will cry until red tomato. maybe you can try colic massage? it helps too.
She doesnt cry for 3 hours at one stretch every day, but got different spurts throughout the day, on a bad day. No, not breastfeeding. She on full FM. Already try change from Avent bottle to NUK cos I find she burp better and the bubbles released into the bottle easier.

one useful way to curb this problem is through preventive measures. massage your baby daily after her shower using yuyi' oil or for malays they most commonly call it 'minyak telon'. massage all over her body and not forgetting the tummy -rub in circular motions. and from the back of the neck use your thumb to rub down all the way to the tail bone (spinal area). my boy sometimes burps when i rub his spinal even thou ive not fed him anything yet.
will try to massage her, though she usually quite fidgety after her bath.
Thanks!