baby down with flu

peacefulgal

started off with fever and inflamed throat last Thursday. Yesterday cough appears, today he's down with runny nose and bad coughing with phlegm. He doesn't want to drink his milk and takes only a little cereal. After that he pushes all away angrily.

I am afraid he will lost too much weight if he continues his meal strike. Any advice how to 'force' him to eat his meals or at least drink milk?

:( ~~

diymummy

We used a syringe to feed him his milk when he has throat inflamation. It's painful to drink especially if the milk is warm. So we let the milk cool down before letting him drink it. It's impt to hydrate them otherwise dehydration might worsen the inflamation. Meanwhile, I advise you to bring your child to see a doctor to get some meds. My son will run a fever whenever he has a throat inflamtion. We would feed him paracetamol like calpol. It's also a painkiller so it eases to pain for him to get some milk down his throat.

peacefulgal

yes he has seen the doc yet still feel uncomfortable drinking his milk. Oh, yes, i could try the syringe for a start, thanks!