Baby dun want to sleep and dun want milk...why??

bbyoshi

I have a pair of twin boys. They are about 9.5 months old. These few nights, they have been not sleeping well.

We (me & my mother) usually put them to bed at ard 8.30 pm. They don't drink milk anymore, instead the milk is added to their cereal and we feed them that every meal time. The last meal before sleeping is at ard 7.30 - 8 pm.

The boys will sleep and keep waking up for water. This situation got worse the past few days, esp the older twin. He is obviously tired and sleepy but simply refuse to sleep. He toss and turn and cry.. We gave him some water and he is fine for a while and the problem returns. What is wrong with him? Just managed to get the older twin to sleep on his swing which he seldoms use it now... weird...

We want to introduce milk to them again before bedtime.. but they refuse to drink from bottles coz dun want to suck. Straw cup also dun drink. They use the straw cup to drink water, when they realize its milk, they start playing with the straw instead. Its difficult to use cup to feed them but they also dun drink.. hmmm could it be the formula?

They used to drink Enfalac A+. They moved on to Enfapro at 6 mths. They dun seem to want drinking it. So I tried many other brands like similac, mamil etc... Finally decided on mixing friso & enfapro. Initally was ok, but they eventually refused it too.. so no choice but to mix with their cereal.

What should I do to get them drinking milk again?? sigh..

diymummy

Could they be teething? My son would refuse milk too when he is teething because it is painful to suck. But when he is desperate, he will still drink milk. This teething-milk/food-rejection usually lasts abt 1-2 weeks for my son.

izanyzam

Hi mummy..My boy has been on milk strike for almost 2 months now..Going thru the same thing as yr boys..At night,keep waking up asking for plain water..I even switched the bottle used for plain water and put milk instead.But once he starts sucking and notice its milk,he will turn his face away and make soooo much fuss..!! I also changed the teats and bottles and even the formula milk but to no avail.

Only found out recently that his 2 upper front teeth was coming out..And now the sides of the 2 teeth are also starting to appear..For the past 2 nights,he's been drinking his milk.He's taking in his Similac again.Although he takes in only about 90ml per feed,its better than nothing.

So it could be that yr boys are teething.Or you could try changing the teats of the bottle.I know its a stressful and worrying time for you but im sure it'll be over soon and our boys are back to their milk again..Hang in there dear..!!!

bdaygrl

My baby stopped drinking milk at 8 months too. Tried every brand of milk and bottle out there, every feeding position and "trick" i could come up with, all to no avail. At least your babies drink milk mixed with cereal.

Maybe you could increase their solids intake in the day time so they can last through the night. My baby has been eating 5 solid meals a day since 8 months. If they are not taking milk make sure they get lots of fluids and calcium from other sources like yoghurt, cheese, tofu etc.

All the best!

bbyoshi

Now that they are 10 mths plus, they seem to be rejecting their food (cereal mixed with milk)... so now trying to give more porridge, mee sua and such. but still will give them cereal with milk 2 - 3 times a day...

They also keep getting on-off fever, see doc 2 times. Doc say they nothing wrong leh... gave them water, barley water, ling yang water.. initially tot they were teething, but gor gor already has 4 teeth, di di has 2 teeth.. dunno wat's wrong...