baby fell off bed

My 5mth old baby just fell off the bed this morning. Cried for 5min. After I carried her around, she back to her normal self. She's not crying in pain when I press her head & body. She's just playing around & drinking milk as normal. Called my GP & PD. Both advised to monitor for drowsiness, vomiting, lethargy & constant crying. Can anyone advise me if there is anything else I shld do for my baby.

Vivic

My baby also ever fell off the bed recently. The pediatric advised us to monitor baby for 72 hours. Do check his arms or legs if baby acts normally without pain.

Hakida

May I know did u all out pillows and bolster around her to prevent her from falling.?
currently I put my 5 mths plus gal on my bed when she is napping during the day.Surround all corners with pillows and bolster.Is that safe.She can only flip to her left side and wriggle about 180 degree.

momnbaby

Hi I would like to share my experience when my gal was few months old i was quite concern about her safey in sleeping,
sometimes we get tired to wake up few times to take care our baby at night and i dont even notice that it could be course
injuries or ever cot death when baby felt off the bed. what i noticed that these is one safty sleep wrap to prevent injuries and fatalities without restricting breathing or natural movements. its has been used well in U.K and other Europe counties. if you want to know more,Just PM me. will refer u the website ! i think prevention always better than cure :001_302:

Hakida

Hi I would like to share my experience when my gal was few months old i was quite concern about her safey in sleeping,
sometimes we get tired to wake up few times to take care our baby at night and i dont even notice that it could be course
injuries or ever cot death when baby felt off the bed. what i noticed that these is one safty sleep wrap to prevent injuries and fatalities without restricting breathing or natural movements. its has been used well in U.K and other Europe counties. if you want to know more,Just PM me. will refer u the website ! i think prevention always better than cure :001_302:
My gal doesn't like to be wrapped up.But curious to know what's this products anyway.

mrswan

My girl fell off the bed yesterday at my mum place in middle of the night, she heard her crying (not so badly) and reached out to hug her, noticed she wasnt there but at the side of the bed. Scared the hell out of her, and me too!!! Checked no bruise, nothing. My mum said she as usual happy and cry for milk. So I told her to monitor closely, in case anything call me.

She said 床头婆婆 will protect, i said ya but still got to be careful.

Hakida

My girl fell off the bed yesterday at my mum place in middle of the night, she heard her crying (not so badly) and reached out to hug her, noticed she wasnt there but at the side of the bed. Scared the hell out of her, and me too!!! Checked no bruise, nothing. My mum said she as usual happy and cry for milk. So I told her to monitor closely, in case anything call me.

She said 床头婆婆 will protect, i said ya but still got to be careful.
Did your mum put pillows or bolster around her?Very scary leh...

momnbaby

Did your mum put pillows or bolster around her?Very scary leh...
Hakida, sounds like baby was really painful n dangerous sometimes,
As asia mummy usually we dont have much statistic to show us how could this hurt our baby, if u looking for something can help you
pm me :)

momnbaby

nope, she is careless to think that she wont move so much when sleep, but now she will be more careful
sometimes its not easy to stay alert or take care our infant baby.. when things happened, our parents also felt
guilty.. my mum is like that

mrswan

sometimes its not easy to stay alert or take care our infant baby.. when things happened, our parents also felt
guilty.. my mum is like that
Yup I didnt really blame her badly cos I know she oso worried as much as I do, she told me she freak out when she found her on floor, scared the hell out of her.. hehe that's her punishment

momnbaby

Yup I didnt really blame her badly cos I know she oso worried as much as I do, she told me she freak out when she found her on floor, scared the hell out of her.. hehe that's her punishment
Ture.. thats the way they show their love to us as grandma.. hehe.. i had one friend . Her baby felt off the bed and unfortunately she got to rush to hospital to check out becos baby could not stop crying.. she was so worry ..
that why i recommend the baby sleep wrap to her.
Most Parents and Caregivers struggling to gain a full nights sleep due to an unsettled baby and or anxiety .. what do u think

mrswan

I got a friend who put her son in yao lan and her son still manage to fall out of yao lan. My gal dont like to be wrap, plus is hot. I personally feel she is safe in her cot or sleep with her on floor mattress hehe...

pmcheng

My boy fell off grandparents bed today while they took care of him. Know they didn't mean it but I still cannot imagine how 2 adults in a bedroom can not see a baby flip. Put at bed corner and didnt put pillow cos complacent and thought baby can't flip that far :| I almost cried when they called to say baby fell. Felt both angry and worried at the same time.

So far, my son appears normal. Didn't cry for that long, no fever, active and smiley as usual. But I will still monitor for next few days. I'm so scared there's hidden injuries that first-time parents like me dunno how to spot..

bacati55

Hi

Baby Fell Of Bed.
The problem is not something which can easily be ignored.
You should start with Crib where baby is safe, secure and comfortable.

Thanks
Bacati