baby fell off the bed, I'm so horrible. Very guilty now.

Vivic

My five month old baby just fell off the bed. I was washing his mittens while he sleep. I did check on him a min ago. But it just happened very fast, I heard his crying and he was on the floor.
I am so angry at myself. I shouldn't put him on bed and do my stuff. I feel very bad and guilty.
Hope he is alright. Will bring him for checkup once he wake up. Does a fall from a bed cause brain damage or back injury? I feel so guilty. I am such a bad mother. My love baby, I'm so sorry to hurt you....

Last edited:

Vivic

Went to see doctor today. After examined by doctor, he seems ok but need to observe him for 72 hours. Kimitsusei mummy, thanks for your concern. How old is your 1st child when he rolled off the bed?

carolinaw

Glad he is ok. Don't feel guilty now, he is fine. I remebered when I was young I took care of my little brother while my mother went out. When he was awake, I wanted to pick him up from bed and unfortunately he fell off from my hand coz I wasn't strong enough. I also felt guilty though my mother didn't blame to me. It really scared me.

yuki12

Don't feel guilty okay... *hugs*

Sometimes when they turn or flip, it happens very fast.... Do place some heavy pillows surrounding the corners. I think you might want to place him on floor mattress when you are doing housework next time ya ;)

Its natural to feel guilty n lousy, anything bad that happens to our child we tend to put the blame on ourselves. Just learn from the mistake n be more careful dont let it happen again.
I dropped my baby when he was few months old, around 4-5mths old back then when he already learnt how to flip. I was putting him into the sarong with one hand support the neck n the other holding the butt, him in the lying down position, as ive always did. Suddenly, he flipped n i didnt have time to catch him n he falls. Good thing the height wasnt too high but he was so lil then i feel like slapping myself.
After calming down his cries, i press his body from head to toe to c if he cry at any of the spot i pressed to check for injury. Disturb him during his nap, rub his hands n cheeks to c if he fidget or move, to check if he falls into coma. Observed his behaviour after he wakes up from nap. Whether he's still active as before, whether he showed any different eg. Suddebly very cranky etc. C if he is able to finish his milk/food as normal, slight difference is ok but if he normally drinks 100ml then suddenly cant finish even 50ml like that. C if he vomits.
All these r signs you should look out for should your child fall n knock the head. If he whines n becomes cranky, bring him to hospital immediately. Not necessary have to wait till he vomits.

Asphere

dun fell guilty.. my soon to be 11mth old boy fell many time from bed too.. just watch for the next 72hr if everything well then no prob. bring to pd if you still worry :D
PD always make me feel better keke.

linuspine

My ger last time also kanna fall down.. the inciden occur i thk is when she is 5 month old also. and she is pre-mature and get sick that time when she fall.. worst is, there is her yao lan and i thk when my wife kan jiong carry her up in the dark and knock the yao lan and a near cupboard.

Wat i conclude is, pre-caution must be done, nv tot that ur bb is not able to move at a bb cot (if u thk it real safe) and slp beside both parent is safe.. u all r wrong.

Bt at the end, if bb not fever, no big shallown and vomit. I thk it still fine..

Rgd
Linus

posh

Hope he is fine now and please take good care of our babies because they are our responsibilities since the 1st day they are in our tummy.

lyra

My sister fell off the bed when she's a baby and my mom found her sleeping soundly on the floor too. I think babies r protected by angels :)

carolinaw

My sister fell off the bed when she's a baby and my mom found her sleeping soundly on the floor too. I think babies r protected by angels :)
Didn't she wake up falling on the floor? It often happens that the babies cry loudly and continously that it's the way they express their fear and pain.

lyra

That's why it's kind of supernatural that she just sleeps there happily. We just take it that angels are protecting her haha.

Didn't she wake up falling on the floor? It often happens that the babies cry loudly and continously that it's the way they express their fear and pain.

NoniJuize

My baby girl fell off the bed and landed on her back when she was 5 months. She cried for 1 full minute and after that she was distracted by all the plants and flowers coz I brought her out to our balcony. I on the other hand cried for 5 minutes!
There was no bump at all because she landed on the back of the head and since babies skull are soft, it somehow withstood the impact. Heng...~! No more lying or playing on the bed anymore unless I have my eyes 100% on her! :)

christinem

My baby girl fell off the bed and landed on her back when she was 5 months. She cried for 1 full minute and after that she was distracted by all the plants and flowers coz I brought her out to our balcony. I on the other hand cried for 5 minutes!
This also happened to me once. I was taking care of my baby nephew.. Seems like they love plants and flowers.
But she's scared of the cat.. :err:

Last edited:

Vivic

Long time never log in to this forum, very busy. Finally have time to log in now. Thanks all mummies and daddy Linus, my baby is fine. But I think he's having phobia, the next night I put him on the bed, he did not sleep well, keeps crying. Lucky now he's ok. I've leant from mistake, I will put him on bouncer when I do my housework or put pillows to prevent him roll off the bed. Ready thanks all for your valuable experiences.

lyra

Btw, vivic, why is ur 5 month old still wearing mittens? I removed them gradually when he's 2 months.

Long time never log in to this forum, very busy. Finally have time to log in now. Thanks all mummies and daddy Linus, my baby is fine. But I think he's having phobia, the next night I put him on the bed, he did not sleep well, keeps crying. Lucky now he's ok. I've leant from mistake, I will put him on bouncer when I do my housework or put pillows to prevent him roll off the bed. Ready thanks all for your valuable experiences.