Baby got fever on-off for a week

Clover88

Hi!
My best friend's baby will be 1 year old next month. She's got fever on-off for one week already. She's in indonesia. Their doctor said it's caused by virus and bactery. But quite worrying it hasn't cured yet. The mother considers to come here. Any Mommy had this case before? Any PD to recommend? KKH or SGH or else?

Many thanks in advance :wong19:

candy_ian

for foreign patients, sgh n kkh may cost even more than pte hospitals. Pte PDs here r seeing alot of foreign patients. U can ask your friend to bring bb here to PDs to see but mayb get her to take note of the fever spikes as in the time of spike n temp. Take note of them as they may b useful. If it's high spike they may need to take blood only when the spike comes so they can check for any bactetia growth.

candy_ian

mt a is the cheapest among pte hospitals.
There's alot of PDs group. In mt a, u can try singapore bb n child or kinderland.

Clover88

I just called Thomson medical center, they gave recommendation for some PDs. But I found many negative input about those PDs and even the TMC..What do you think? I never seen any doctors there before.

Candy_Ian, I read your post about Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng from SBCC Gleaneagle (22/07/09). I read some other positive inputs about him in other forum too. Do you still see him for your son? Seeing my friend's baby, do you think Dr.Ngiam is suitable for her? How much the consultation fee?

Considering my friend will need a place to stay in sgp, Gleaneagle has quite ok location, has service apt nearby.

jasobias

Hi!
My best friend's baby will be 1 year old next month. She's got fever on-off for one week already. She's in indonesia. Their doctor said it's caused by virus and bactery. But quite worrying it hasn't cured yet. The mother considers to come here. Any Mommy had this case before? Any pediatrician to recommend? Kandang Kerbau Hospital or singapore general hospital or else?

Heyclover88
i think ur fren shld just go to KK in this case.She can see a gd private paed..better than the subsidised medical drs tht we often wld get..grrrr!!AnywAys if ur fren is gonna be a private patient anyways go KK is better coz they have all the specialities in paeds n those pvt drs there r pretty gd.Not all other private hospitals in sg e tht well equipped.Just source for a realiable Paed at KK.

apollo

I just called Thomson medical center, they gave recommendation for some PDs. But I found many negative input about those PDs and even the Thomson Medical Center..What do you think? I never seen any doctors there before.

Candy_Ian, I read your post about Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng from SBCC Gleaneagle (22/07/09). I read some other positive inputs about him in other forum too. Do you still see him for your son? Seeing my friend's baby, do you think Dr.Ngiam is suitable for her? How much the consultation fee?

Considering my friend will need a place to stay in sgp, Gleaneagle has quite ok location, has service apt nearby.
if u consider tmc, actu Dr EK Ong from SBCC TMC is v good.. at least i feel that he is good..

annie03

Hi Clover,

Maybe you can look for Dr Low Kah Tzay, he's a pd previously located at TMC and NUH. And now he has got his own clinic at Paragon Medical Suite named Anson International Paediatric & Child Development Clinic. My girl previously also has the same issue and he's quite good and patient. You can visit this link Anson International Paediatric & Child Development Clinic to take a look, and call 68362802 for appt. If not the waiting time is very long as they will only see patients with appts 1st.

Hi!
My best friend's baby will be 1 year old next month. She's got fever on-off for one week already. She's in indonesia. Their doctor said it's caused by virus and bactery. But quite worrying it hasn't cured yet. The mother considers to come here. Any Mommy had this case before? Any pediatrician to recommend? Kandang Kerbau Hospital or singapore general hospital or else?

Clover88

Dear All Mommies,

Thanks so much. I refer all your info to my friend for her to consider for the baby.
I let you know how it works then in case useful for you.
Many many thanks ^.^

Clover88

Hi! a bit late to update..so sorry..

First pediatrician gave her baby both antibiotics for bacteria and virus cause he didn't know exactly which one caused the fever. CRAZY! Instead of fever her baby also couldn't breathe conveniently so they tried to see a TNT doctor. Thanks to him that he found out there a part of nose swollen because of cold the baby had. Soon she got better after this doctor treatment and he even suggested my friend to see Singapore pediatrician to check which antibiotic suitable for her baby (cos some baby get allergic to some kind of antibiotics). She has not decide yet which doctor she will see, but is considering one of your references. Many thanks, Mommies :tlaugh:

BbpHir3

my gal had on-off fever the other time.. end up it was HFMD.. it was only cfm after 1-2weeks of on n off fever.. n when rashes appeared, they quickly became blister-like..