Baby has cradle cap to shave hair or not

Sunnybear

When will cradle cap drop off in its own? My 3mths+ baby gal has got cradled cap I tried to remove with olive oil & Dentinox shampoo but the hair came off too with some cradle cap. Don't dare to continue. Should I just shave off her hair & fix the cradle cap once & for all? Rather than next time she older then cradle cap drop off with hair she will look ugly with bald patches. Maybe just bear with it & shave off now when she's 4 mths, but heartpain as she got nice & soft hair.

Vivic

I suggest you better wait her cradle cap fully drop then shave her hair. I shaved my baby's hair at 6 months. He got cradle cap on his head too, after it fully dropped then had eczema on his head. So we wait it fully recovered then shaved.

Sunnybear

Hi,
i managed to remove all get cradle cap already but I noticed her hair seems to be dropping. Izzit normal?

missyqiqi

Baby drop hair is normal no worries! :)

My baby girl also got quite bad cradle crap, I also use the cradle cap shampoo and oil for her, now she's 4 month plus, its getting better, better don't shave coz at least got hair to have some form of protection.

Hakida

My little princess is also having mild cradle cap problem,have been using Dentinox for her.I think it has been almost 3 weeks now.The cradle cap is gone.
Brought her to shave her hair when she was 3 months and 1 week old as there is some patches of baldness when her hair drops.
I was abit reluctant to have her hair shaved also,but I couldn't stand the patchy baldness.Its been 3 weeks now ,her hair is growing again.hopefully it will grow longer soon.Hope to see her wear dress with long hair.

Sunnybear

Yah, if botak wear dress looks funny leh, must wear cap to cover so troublesome. Will their hair drop till become bald?I'm also reluctant to shave but some old folks commented that 'tai mao' must be shaved off. So in a dilemma now.

missyqiqi

my baby tai mao i shave off during her full month. after that i just leave it. Will have bald patch just like my niece but will grow back, don't worry, u can look at this article about baby dropping hair.

Hair loss | BabyCenter