baby hates water, how?

annie03

Oh yes, also seafood should not be introduced until 2 to 3yrs old and also any berries fruit can only be introduce at/after 1 year old, same for tomato also cos it consider a citrus food..

food not to be introduce before 1 year
1-egg white
2-honey
3-nuts
4-Whole milk

any more mummies?

Last edited:

apollo

try not to dilute the milk.
you can give barley water, or diluted juices instead.
or give him more fruits, that in a way can increase fluid intake.

also, you can try using a sippy cup since he is already 1 yo.
when can start giving barley?? just started giving ds water these few days.. am thinking when can start giving them barley?

Juan

Regina, you can buy the china barley and mix with milk. I use to give my girl barley with milk every 3-4 weeks since she is 4 mths old. Meaning instead of use water - use the barley to mix with milk formula milk.

imapril

cereal with honey? which brand is that? but from what i know, those real honey really cannot...

dear son is on fully FM since 4mth old and i totally did not give him any water until ytd. cos ytd i started intro him cereal so started to give him some water also. ytd WHOLE DAY i only give him around 50ml... have to start slowly, cannot 1st day give water give till a big amount lik 1 big bottle... must let them slowly get use to it... slowly increase...
Hi April mummy,

Did you buy the cereal from Nestle? There are stages on the box of the cereal. With honey should be stage 4 which means only suitable for children above 12 mths.
I bought the Stage 2 for 6 month old...i supposed baby can take in this form since its introduced in the market?

I used to feed baby with BF but i can only give baby BF on alternate day now so i thought baby should take water on the days on FM. He also doesnt like to drink water, i only give around 20ml per day...

Attachments

Ottermum

try not to dilute the milk.
you can give barley water, or diluted juices instead.
or give him more fruits, that in a way can increase fluid intake.

also, you can try using a sippy cup since he is already 1 yo.
Gave him PIGEON Mag Mag mug he doesn't want to suck!!!! i even snipped the hole bigger to make the water gush out to force water into his mouth he can actually store the water in his mouth, n spits out when full!!!

SOOOoooOOOO angry!

he does take water when i spoon feed him...but only max 4 spoons...:elvis:

then he'll BOO BOO out the water!!!!!

apollo

Gave him PIGEON Mag Mag mug he doesn't want to suck!!!! i even snipped the hole bigger to make the water gush out to force water into his mouth he can actually store the water in his mouth, n spits out when full!!!

SOOOoooOOOO angry!

he does take water when i spoon feed him...but only max 4 spoons...:elvis:

then he'll BOO BOO out the water!!!!!
ds also!!! he refuse qwater thru his magmag cup and milk bottle... but when i spoonfeed him the water, he drink, and ask for more!!!:embarrassed:

kenxf_03

So far, DS is doing well with drinking water..

He's 6 mths+ and starts to drink abt 30-50ml of water per day. I do agree with Mummy Regina to start him with water slowly.. :001_302: