Baby having hard stool, how to improve?

Jane Chow

My gal is quite active...after she learned to walk ..she is always walking and climbing around to explore the places in the hse..
She never has such problem...ever since I put cereal in her milk for 1 wk...she start to have consitpation problem and it did not stop even when I stop giving her cereal...
My hubby and MIL are not keen in giving Yakult to my gal...cause they feel that its too sweet...emmm...if I give her prebiotics..will it also help in the consitpation problem?

Ting

eh im not really sure what prebiotics r n their effects so cant comment on tt.
actually, though yakult is sweet, but if u give in moderation, like once every few days, i personally feel its fine.
if her constipation problems r really bad, do check with a doc, n see what advise he can offer.

vinder79

Hi my sonn is 14 mths and currently not eating cause he is teething but i read your question and would like to share what i did. Every morning when he wakes up i gave him water with the sweeten winter melon(can be bought at medical hall) and his problem vanished. Some babies can take yougurt while for some they cant. Yakult is good cause it cleanses the gut mix it with a little water add in a ice cube so cooling my son fineshes his very quickly.Hope this advise helps Best of Luck!

shulyn

Thanks Mummies...

This few days my boy stool become normal after a mth of hard stool and constipation...I've tried all ways and find that it could be due to the diet. I cook the veggie separetely, using a sieve to mash and mix with porridge...offer peach, more veggies, fruits and water etc...

Thanks all for sharing:)

Queenbabe

Any mummies can tell me is it normal for a 10mths+ baby to poo a few times a day but not having constipation ..... haiz waste my $ after i change his diaper few min or 1hr later he poo again .... is there something wrong with my ds ?

SunShine07

Any mummies can tell me is it normal for a 10mths+ baby to poo a few times a day but not having constipation ..... sigh waste my $ after i change his diaper few min or 1hr later he poo again .... is there something wrong with my dear son ?
hahha, like my son, poo-poo like 3-4 times daily, nomal poo-poo, at first i tot he got dia...

i think normal loh...also very waste $$$, my diaper within 1-2 weeks finished liao....that's why always buy the cheap cheap diaper.:tlaugh:

my son like poo-poo almost every meal given

raeka

My boy too have constipation.
I was also worried like u do.
well, i have tried giving him fruits , puree and lotsa of vegetable and fish .
now he is 10 monrh plus,
i gave him cod fish, salmon fish and veg of course for his porridge. daily differene fishes.
As for fruits, i gave him papaya and dragon fruits. but dragon fruits will cause a bit phlegm so not too much.
reduce his bisuits .
After his meal , can give him either fruits or puree .
until his stool have soften then reduce the fruits and puree amount.

now my boy only have 1 fruit per day and alternate day give his puree.
Dun drink too much water as water will urine away instead of helping the stool to be soft --> this is what my pediatrician mention to me.
I do listen a bit , i still give him drink little bit of water .. haha