Baby in breech positition

pyvio

Hi, I am in my 36 weeks of pregnancy now but my baby is still in a breech position. I am quite concerned and I hope my baby is normal. Has any mummy experienced this before? I have a retroverted womb before conceiving but my obstretician says this has nothing to do with the breech position. Just wondering...

Last edited:

angelwendy

Hi, I am in my 36 weeks of pregnancy now but my baby is still in a breech position. I am quite concerned and I hope my baby is normal. Has any mummy experienced this before? I have a retroverted womb before conceiving but my obstretician says this has nothing to do with the breech position. Just wondering...

Did u ask ur gynae wat can be done to let baby change position?? or can ur gynae turn the baby???

pyvio

Yes, I have asked her but she says it's okay... afterall, I will be going for a c-section. So, she's not doing anything to my tummy or the baby. It's just that I was wondering why the baby refuses to turn if it's a natural thing to do.

angelwendy

Yes, I have asked her but she says it's okay... afterall, I will be going for a c-section. So, she's not doing anything to my tummy or the baby. It's just that I was wondering why the baby refuses to turn if it's a natural thing to do.

sometime is just happen that baby don't turn... actually there is no reason to it..... when is ur c sect??

my sis boy was also in breech position.. it's due to the baby's leg, my nephew legs wasn't crossed but straight and pointing up, imagine V shape.. so he can't turn.

my friend's son didn't turn too cos her amniotic fluid is insufficient(not low but lesser than average) so the baby can't turn too.

both of them had c-section delivery..

good luck to you :) most importantly baby is healthy yah

pyvio

Thanks, honeylicious.. if I may ask, I suppose your sis baby boy is normal? I just hope mine is. praying hard...

angelwendy, congrats to you... going for normal delivery? are you excited? For me, yes, cos it's only a week away... and then I can imagine my whole lifestyle will change with this addition to the family. your first child?

angelwendy

Thanks, honeylicious.. if I may ask, I suppose your sis baby boy is normal? I just hope mine is. praying hard...

angelwendy, congrats to you... going for normal delivery? are you excited? For me, yes, cos it's only a week away... and then I can imagine my whole lifestyle will change with this addition to the family. your first child?

Hey thanks...:001_302: yup at the moment is normal delivery... i hope there won't be any changes.... :err:for me is still 2 weeks away.... also feeling excited already... yup same is the first child....

pyvio

haha, he must be very cute...:p

AngelWendy - congrats.. yeah, same here, excited too.actually my EDD is on 3 Mar - very close to yours, but due to c-section, gynae suggest 2 weeks earlier.

angelwendy

haha, he must be very cute...:p

AngelWendy - congrats.. yeah, same here, excited too.actually my EDD is on 3 Mar - very close to yours, but due to c-section, gynae suggest 2 weeks earlier.

Oh 2 weeks earlier... meaning is next week is it?? hee... so fast liao... so c sect r u taking epi? or GA??

woofy55

For my case, Louis was really naughty during 36/37wks. he was already head down but duno why he suddenly turned breech and his movement wasn't really active. So gynae asked me to head down to labour ward (cos wkend) and she met me there. I was discharged on that very day after CTG scan showing he's a bit sleepy, but still okay. Then the next day the movement wasn't obvious to me again. I went to her clinic and ultrasound showed that louis is head down again!!!! She was concerned why Louis is turning himself up and down within a day and worried might entangled in the umbilical cord. So she admitted me and prepare me for C-sect if necessary (since i've reached full term). However, thru the whole night of observation, everything was fine and I was discharged - she then gave me a movement chart to track Louis' movement everyday.
Louis in the end was so comfy inside that he didn't wanna come out when due. =.="' I induced him out... faint..

pyvio mummy - most imptly take note of your baby's movement everyday. my tracking sheet is a simple one whereby leftside is the hours ie. 7am to 7pm. Start tracking and see when baby moved 10x. eg. Monday reached 10x at 10am. Tues reached 10x at 12nn.. wed reached 10x at 10am... and can see the trend and making sure you can feel your baby movement.

All will be well, take care.

angelwendy

For my case, Louis was really naughty during 36/37wks. he was already head down but dont know why he suddenly turned breech and his movement wasn't really active. So gynae asked me to head down to labour ward (cos wkend) and she met me there. I was discharged on that very day after CTG scan showing he's a bit sleepy, but still okay. Then the next day the movement wasn't obvious to me again. I went to her clinic and ultrasound showed that louis is head down again!!!! She was concerned why Louis is turning himself up and down within a day and worried might entangled in the umbilical cord. So she admitted me and prepare me for C-sect if necessary (since i've reached full term). However, thru the whole night of observation, everything was fine and I was discharged - she then gave me a movement chart to track Louis' movement everyday.
Louis in the end was so comfy inside that he didn't wanna come out when due. =.="' I induced him out... faint..

pyvio mummy - most imptly take note of your baby's movement everyday. my tracking sheet is a simple one whereby leftside is the hours ie. 7am to 7pm. Start tracking and see when baby moved 10x. eg. Monday reached 10x at 10am. Tues reached 10x at 12nn.. wed reached 10x at 10am... and can see the trend and making sure you can feel your baby movement.

All will be well, take care.

for my boy hor... is very dfferent.. cause this 2 days he tends to be very quiet.. not much movement... then after 2 days he start to be active again... :err: & that's make me very confuse to go to my gynae a not... sometime i get worried then he suddenly move again... then another day same.. not moving much for 2 days... zzzz

woofy55

dun worry, just keep track that he is moving at least 10x... :) hang on... u are seeing yr little one soon..

oh and feel free to visit your gynae if you feel something is not right. Don't be paisey or what if bb starts getting active again in the clinic ya... it's like that one.. :) better safe than sorry mah.. ;)

Last edited:

pyvio

Yes, if scheduled, it will be on this coming thu...very soon. Currently quite busy preparing for both baby and CNY - two at the same time. and yes, I will be on GA (prefer this way).

Louise is interesting... guess he was finding his comfort position by turning up and down or maybe there's a lot room inside for him to move about. For my baby girl, she is so comfy that she does not want to turn downwards. Just went for my CTG scan yest and she is still head up.

Let me take this chance to wish one and all a happy and prosperous lunar new year!