Baby is sleepy but just can't seem to get to sleep

Hi Mummies,

need help/advice badly as I'm going to be drained out by my girl's behavior:

1. Whenever my girl gets tired n sleepy, she will keep rubbing her face on my shoulder when I carry her with head on my shoulder. And she is obviously tired n sleepy already but no matter how I pat,rock and sing to her, she just can't seem to get to sleep and will always kip crying even though her eyes are already closing sometimes. She doesn't like lying down position and it will make her fidget n kick n cry even more so we always have to carry her upright and let her fall asleep on my shoulder. Sometimes she can get to sleep after a short while of crying but most of the time she will kip crying n crying until we can't pacify her anymore and just gives her the pacifier. Even pacifier does not work sometimes. I really do not mind carrying her to sleep if she can quietly. And slowly fall asleep but she just have to kip crying n fidgeting whenever she wants to sleep especially at night and we can take hours to make her fall asleep. Is there any issue with her that makes it so difficult for her to fall asleep? She is coming 5mths soon. Is it a phase thingy that she will outgrow or is it some health issue??

2. She like to scream n shout a lot and it's really loud and sharp. She will just do that at anytime through out the day but I noticed more often when she is lying on the bed or in her rocker chair when no one is around her (sometimes she does that even when there is someone beside her) and at night when we lie her on the bed getting ready for her to sleep. On top of her scream n shout, her hands and legs will kip moving but frequently stiffen like she is straining herself kind of action but she is not poo-ing. She does it quite often when she seems excited. Is this normal as she is learning to talk? And the straining/forcing action is it ok too?

TIA

hpc

Hi ,how many mths is ur gal?when she start to have this habit?U can pm me ,for more discussion regarding this issue,maybe I can help u.I have been handling dozens of infants /babies de.

baylene

Hi Mummies,

need help/advice badly as I'm going to be drained out by my girl's behavior:

1. Whenever my girl gets tired n sleepy, she will keep rubbing her face on my shoulder when I carry her with head on my shoulder. And she is obviously tired n sleepy already but no matter how I pat,rock and sing to her, she just can't seem to get to sleep and will always kip crying even though her eyes are already closing sometimes. She doesn't like lying down position and it will make her fidget n kick n cry even more so we always have to carry her upright and let her fall asleep on my shoulder. Sometimes she can get to sleep after a short while of crying but most of the time she will kip crying n crying until we can't pacify her anymore and just gives her the pacifier. Even pacifier does not work sometimes. I really do not mind carrying her to sleep if she can quietly. And slowly fall asleep but she just have to kip crying n fidgeting whenever she wants to sleep especially at night and we can take hours to make her fall asleep. Is there any issue with her that makes it so difficult for her to fall asleep? She is coming 5mths soon. Is it a phase thingy that she will outgrow or is it some health issue??

2. She like to scream n shout a lot and it's really loud and sharp. She will just do that at anytime through out the day but I noticed more often when she is lying on the bed or in her rocker chair when no one is around her (sometimes she does that even when there is someone beside her) and at night when we lie her on the bed getting ready for her to sleep. On top of her scream n shout, her hands and legs will kip moving but frequently stiffen like she is straining herself kind of action but she is not poo-ing. She does it quite often when she seems excited. Is this normal as she is learning to talk? And the straining/forcing action is it ok too?

TIA
Wow, I share your agony as my son can be like this too. I'm not sure whether to even make him sleep, sometimes my husband and myself just let him roam around until he is naturally tired. But we want to also keep him to his sleep routine. I've been reading Harvey Karp's The Happiest Baby Guide to Sleep Book. It didn't exactly work 100%, but there are improvements. Now my son tosses and turns for say about 5 to 10 minutes on his own before dozing off without our help.

Then again, maybe it's not a sleep problem, maybe your girl is just trying to tell you something but couldn't yet speak your language.
Hope it has gotten better already, all the best!