Baby kicking softer?

Juz wanna know if any mummies are experiencing this? Juz last week, I can feel baby kicking hard n can see my tummy bouncing up n now all the time hehee.. But straight after monthly visit to gynae, baby starts to kick less n much softer, like flutters at times. Most of d time, he doesn't move at all unless I touch my tummy or sayang my tummy!hmm...abit worried. But gynae mentioned b4 kicks should be stronger from week 28 on. Any advice?

mrs_eg

just wanna know if any mummies are experiencing this? just last week, I can feel baby kicking hard n can see my tummy bouncing up n now all the time hehee.. But straight after monthly visit to gynae, baby starts to kick less n much softer, like flutters at times. Most of d time, he doesn't move at all unless I touch my tummy or sayang my tummy!hmm...abit worried. But gynae mentioned before kicks should be stronger from week 28 on. Any advice?
I think shldnt be a problem I guess... sometimes my baby also not THAT active... maybe baby moved to a more spacious position so you cant quite feel the movements? ... observe again for the next few days and see how? I think now the baby still have plenty of room...

Piggy08

I think shldnt be a problem I guess... sometimes my baby also not THAT active... maybe baby moved to a more spacious position so you cant quite feel the movements? ... observe again for the next few days and see how? I think now the baby still have plenty of room...
Hi ladies, usually when u feel ur baby kicking.. Is it at yr low part of yr tummy? Not the centre of your tummy right?

Hi ladies, usually when you feel your baby kicking.. Is it at yr low part of yr tummy? Not the centre of your tummy right?
Hmm mine kicks everwhere, sometimes really low sometimes at belly button. But I only felt higher kicks from 16 weeks on.

Ya now mostly the kicks seem to be inward kicks ! So can't feel his usual strong kicks.love it though! Also, how heavy is your baby now, did ur gynae tell u at your checkup? Mine's 568g at 23weeks. Is he too light?

Piggy08

Hmm mine kicks everwhere, sometimes really low sometimes at belly button. But I only felt higher kicks from 16 weeks on.
strange.. Me now 22weeks pregnant.. I usually feel my bb kicks and punches at areas lowest than my belly button...

Usually gynae scan us also scan at areas lower than belly buttons right?

im in week 22+. i oso can feel baby kicking already. esp she love to kick me when i wanna go to bed! or sometimes when im sitting and resting! its usually quite low. haha. mine sometimes soft soft sometimes hard hard but it doesnt hurt. so its ok.

mrs_eg

Hi ladies, usually when you feel your baby kicking.. Is it at yr low part of yr tummy? Not the centre of your tummy right?
Hmmm.... Initially most of the kicks are in lower tummy... But towards 20-22 wks onwards those kicks can be all over... I did ask the gynae at 24 wks where the baby is... It now reaches abt an inch above the belly button now...

Piggy08 Maybe as baby bigger you will feel more kicks eslewhere? I think it is nt a big concern cos at least u knw the baby is moving

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Ya now mostly the kicks seem to be inward kicks ! So can't feel his usual strong kicks.love it though! Also, how heavy is your baby now, did your gynae tell you at your checkup? Mine's 568g at 23weeks. Is he too light?
Baby is abt 734g at 24wks... Not sure which is better or wat is ideal though.. But as long as gynae never give u 'warning', ask u to eat more etc... If gynae say it is fine then i think u dun worry too much la... :)

Piggy08

Hmmm.... Initially most of the kicks are in lower tummy... But towards 20-22 wks onwards those kicks can be all over... I did ask the gynae at 24 wks where the baby is... It now reaches about an inch above the belly button now...

Piggy08 Maybe as baby bigger you will feel more kicks eslewhere? I think it is not a big concern cos at least you knw the baby is moving
Mrs_Eg Maybe lo... I monitor now see whether can feel more kicks else where... i also think not a big concern la.. just curious... :)

Baby is about 734g at 24wks... Not sure which is better or what is ideal though.. But as long as gynae never give you 'warning', ask you to eat more etc... If gynae say it is fine then i think you dont worry too much ... :)
Yup gynae told me baby is of good size but I'm always afraid baby is too small.however he mentioned 'mummy may be too fat!' he said it jokingly but I was so sad! Hahaa actually coz I put on 4 kg last mth too fast!oh no..

strange.. Me now 22weeks pregnant.. I usually feel my baby kicks and punches at areas lowest than my belly button...

Usually gynae scan us also scan at areas lower than belly buttons right?
Ya my gynae scans at a lower position too but he said baby keeps kicking my belly button hahaa!soon u will be feeling it EVYWHERE! I can't wait to feel him kick my ribs too(sounds sick hahaa).mine's extremely active n strong between 1-4am. That's y I've got insomnia...aiyo..

jas2909

Ya my gynae scans at a lower position too but he said baby keeps kicking my belly button hahaa!soon you will be feeling it EVYWHERE! I can't wait to feel him kick my ribs too(sounds sick hahaa).mine's extremely active n strong between 1-4am. That's y I've got insomnia...aiyo..
The kick into your ribs is extremely painful! Especially if the baby kick and did not retract back is even worst.. simply just stuck his/her fist or leg there for a while.. The pain is sooooooooo :elvis: :we2arghh:.. One time experience is enough.. haha!

The kick into your ribs is extremely painful! Especially if the baby kick and did not retract back is even worst.. simply just stuck his/her fist or leg there for a while.. The pain is sooooooooo :elvis: :we2arghh:.. One time experience is enough.. haha!
Wahahaa! Really that painful?? Guess I'll be complaining when that really happens keke...Hmm... Can't wait to see him put up his fist too!:wong29: gonna boost my calcium intake n see how strong he can get:wong19:

TANZHENZHI

haha pinkymummy, when you really experience it, you will ask him to stop as it's really painful. :) Enjoy the kicky progress with your bb. It's really fun and a happy moments when can feel their kick. I miss it too haha. :tlaugh:

Piggy08

Ya my gynae scans at a lower position too but he said baby keeps kicking my belly button hahaa!soon you will be feeling it EVYWHERE! I can't wait to feel him kick my ribs too(sounds sick hahaa).mine's extremely active n strong between 1-4am. That's y I've got insomnia...aiyo..
I will monitor her kicks then.. Hopefully she won't kick my ribs...
Sometimes I also experience insomnia.. Nt sure why.. Just can't slp bk after my toilet trip...

mrs_eg

ya... baby very active the moment I lie down on the bed... like she knows... have problems sleeping well also.. but I guess it is all normal... I jus hope it doesnt affect the baby though...

Feeling a little depressed coz I called gynae n told him bout my situation so he told me to go down for a scan. He too agreed that baby is really very still compared to last wk. He kept poking my tummy to make him move n he still didn't move much. Last week my I could see him turning n punching but now barely any movement , it's hard not to worry too much.

However scan showed his heartbeat is ok n strong but gynae WANs me to go back in 2 weeks to make sure bb growing well. Hai....

mrs_eg

Feeling a little depressed coz I called gynae n told him bout my situation so he told me to go down for a scan. He too agreed that baby is really very still compared to last wk. He kept poking my tummy to make him move n he still didn't move much. Last week my I could see him turning n punching but now barely any movement , it's hard not to worry too much.

However scan showed his heartbeat is ok n strong but gynae WANs me to go back in 2 weeks to make sure baby growing well. Hai....
Hey dun worry too much... As baby can sense your emotions... Maybe try touching ur tummy, talk to the baby, tell him u love him... Encourage baby to stay strong... Tell the baby u both strive together... N in few mths time u will get to see him.... Etc....

Maybe it helps???

It might help

Hey dont worry too much... As baby can sense your emotions... Maybe try touching your tummy, talk to the baby, tell him you love him... Encourage baby to stay strong... Tell the baby you both strive together... N in few mths time you will get to see him.... Etc....

Maybe it helps???

It might help
thanks mrs_eg..in fact I talk to him evyday telling him to be a good boy n be strong. He always react when I touch n pat my tummy but recently he juz refuse to move hmm....I cannot afford to lose another again, else I may not even wanna try for another baby, too much heartache. Hopefully he can be stronger n give me real punches hehee..my hubby make tonic for me todAy n tomoro he is brewing the 'shi San tai bao' for me. It's a kinda Chinese tonic to stabilize pregnancy. Hahaa like v kiasu..