Baby Milk Intake

hueychye79

Hi all mummies...

Please share your experience about the baby milk intake~~

My baby is 9 days old..

His milk intake is 90ml, is it a lot?

How you know when you need to increase the milk feeding?

I increase the milk when I notice he wake up early than 3 hrs sleep.

:Dancing_tongue:

diymummy

Hi hueychye mummy,

It depends on the weight of your baby whether he is drinking enough, rather than the age of your baby.

My PD gave me a formula to calculate how much the baby should be drinking per feed.

Lower limit: (150ml x weight)/# of feeds a day = ml at each feed
Upper limit: (200ml x weight)/# of feeds a day = ml at each feed

If you're feeding below the lower limit, you are underfeeding.
If you're feeding above the upper limit, you are overfeeding.

Anywhere in between is ok.

apollo

i think shd be okay.. i rmb ds started to drink alot aft 2week old.. shoot all the way up to 120ml.. as long as he did not vomit (as in merlion ALL the milk out) shd be okay =)

hueychye79

Hi hueychye mummy,

It depends on the weight of your baby whether he is drinking enough, rather than the age of your baby.

My pediatrician gave me a formula to calculate how much the baby should be drinking per feed.

Lower limit: (150ml x weight)/# of feeds a day = ml at each feed
Upper limit: (200ml x weight)/# of feeds a day = ml at each feed

If you're feeding below the lower limit, you are underfeeding.
If you're feeding above the upper limit, you are overfeeding.

Anywhere in between is ok.
Diymummy, thanks for your sharing the formula.

Notice that my baby is fine to take 90ml per feed.. :001_302:

But is very difficult to check the weight of the baby...

Anyway to know where to buy the weighing machine for baby? :err:

diymummy

Hi hueychye, that time my baby was very small and I was so worried about his weight. I asked PD abt the baby weighing scale and he told me that it's like $1000+++.. Hahaha.. In the end I bought and electronic kitchen scale to weigh my baby. The kitchen scale can use up to baby is 5kg. But also very difficult to weigh coz baby is so soft. So the other method is to use a weighing scale, weigh yourself first then weigh yourself and the baby. I bought the electronic weighing scale. Costs abt $70 from Best Denki.

Oh the formula can only be used when baby is on all milk diet. Once baby start solids, cannot use the formula already. :)

Great to know that your baby is drinking enough. :)

It's possible to just walk into any baby clinics to let them measure the weight for your baby. I saw some parents do that while waiting at the clinics...

apollo

teach u an easy way to weight ur baby!

u have those digital weighin scale for adult??

carry ur baby and stand on ur digital weighing scale.
put down ur baby and weigh urself
minus off ur weight from u+baby weight

like tt u can get ur baby's weight alrdy. i often do tt.. and there was once i saw a toddler dont wanna take her weight, want her mummy to carry her and the nurse also ask the mummy to stand on the weighing machine with her child =)

and digital weighing machine is quite cheap.. i bought mine from NTUC AMK, less than 30bucks.. no point buying those for babies, very fast cannot use.. :001_302:

fioncess

Hi all mummies...

Please share your experience about the baby milk intake~~

My baby is 9 days old..

His milk intake is 90ml, is it a lot?

How you know when you need to increase the milk feeding?

I increase the milk when I notice he wake up early than 3 hours sleep.

:Dancing_tongue:
waa.. 90ml is alot. my baby only drink abt 40ml. tts wat the nurse teach mi b4 i discharge.. after tt i duno how much she drink cos i breastfeed...

hueychye79

Hi hueychye, that time my baby was very small and I was so worried about his weight. I asked pediatrician about the baby weighing scale and he told me that it's like $1000+++.. Hahaha.. In the end I bought and electronic kitchen scale to weigh my baby. The kitchen scale can use up to baby is 5kg. But also very difficult to weigh coz baby is so soft. So the other method is to use a weighing scale, weigh yourself first then weigh yourself and the baby. I bought the electronic weighing scale. Costs about $70 from Best Denki.

Oh the formula can only be used when baby is on all milk diet. Once baby start solids, cannot use the formula already. :)

Great to know that your baby is drinking enough. :)
teach you an easy way to weight your baby!

you have those digital weighin scale for adult??

carry your baby and stand on your digital weighing scale.
put down your baby and weigh yourself
minus off your weight from you+baby weight

like that you can get your baby's weight alrdy. i often do that.. and there was once i saw a toddler dont wanna take her weight, want her mummy to carry her and the nurse also ask the mummy to stand on the weighing machine with her child =)

and digital weighing machine is quite cheap.. i bought mine from NTUC AMK, less than 30bucks.. no point buying those for babies, very fast cannot use.. :001_302:
Diymummy & Regina

Thats a good idea... :tlaugh:

Will try this method...

No need to waste money to buy the weighing scale for baby...

hueychye79

waa.. 90ml is alot. my baby only drink about 40ml. tts what the nurse teach mi before i discharge.. after that i dont know how much she drink cos i breastfeed...
Fioncess, envy leh!

You can direct breasfeeding ah..

My nipple too short and my baby is always no patien when hungry..

So, I have no choice just pump out and bottle feed him.. :embarrassed:

-jOanna

9days old 90ml :O now my bb 9days around 50-60ml still.. but as long as baby drinks is fine, baby will reject or stop sucking the nipple once he/she is full :D no worries..

sugarcan3

I'm using Enfa products for my kids. So far, it is working very good. You guys might have a try at it. Just for sharing, you can view more products which is suitable at Mead Johnson Singapore . This website is full of informations and useful tips. And under the expert-info, you can have more informations that you need to know.
Have a Good day

brookemcalland

If you're not sure if your baby eats enough for her age you can get recommendations for your baby's feeding schedule from here: Early They give you access to their app and by comparing your baby's schedule and the recommended one you'll be certain your baby eats ok.