Baby recently can't finish his milk

Lynn14

Hi there, recently my 8mth old boy can't finish his milk always left 50-60ml. Currently taking 150ml every 3-3.5 hrs. It started when I increased his porridge to 2 times a day. Wat made me worried is his weight from 8.3kg dropped to 8kg. I changed back his porridge to 1 time a day n even changed his milk bottle, its work however the next day facing the same problem again. Need your advise, thks..

littlematchgirl

Hi, maybe he prefers eating to drinking milk. Some babies are like that. This might only be a phase and he will be back to normal after a while. During this period, you can increase his milk intake by offering him meals with milk like morning can give him rice cereal with milk n then porridge in the afternoon. If he doesn't finish his milk feed, use the remaining milk to make a snack for him. Can use Heinz baby biscuits or rusks. Jus add the milk to the biscuit n it will become soft n u can feed him with it. That is what I do to increase my son's milk intake. If you are worried about him eating too much, you can use a spoon to feed him the remaining milk instead of making it into a snack.

Lynn14

Thanks for ur advise. I used to mix rice cereal with milk however my son very easy to have constipation so I stopped it n also changed from Similac to S-26.
Thanks for snack info, will give it a try. Didn't know the biscuit can mix with the milk. Thanks for the great info. First time mummy, many more things to learn. Not easy :p

bacati55

Hi

Babies can't get used to of anything, so keep changing whatever you give them to eat or drink.
If he is not taking enough milk as per his diet, you can try something else as healthier than milk or cereals.

Thanks
Bacati

adoreachild

Baby Toys

I think you should try to give her milk when he is playing with toys or when he is happy. Avoid at the time when he is feeling sleepy or when he is crying. Because normaly when they are playing with some baby items like dolls or cars etc. at that time their attention is on those products so they take food without creating any disturbance.
So my advice is to prefer baby toys.